Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Downtime and switch to PHPBB3

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow

Sponsor

As you may or may not be aware, we've been having problems with Simple Machines Forums, and it decided to stop working tonight. I just spent the past 3 hours or so converting the forums over to PHPBB3. We were planning to do this eventually, but decided to take advantage of the downtime to do it early.

If you come across any problems feel free to post them here. The skin we're using is not completed yet, so there will be a few cosmetic annoyances. I will import the topic icons tomorrow, as well as bringing back the private forums.

It's going to be a bumpy ride at first, but in a week or so everything will be back to normal I'm sure.

shadow

Sponsor

Profiles are still there, just click on a person's name in the forum list, or the profile button below their post. I'm going to make the thread view page look more like the old one later.

Yh I know, but I mean the general information stuff, where you can see most active stuff, time most posts and that junk. Its fun to see that.
And if I may ask, what are the problems you were having with SMF? It looks good, and maybe I use it myself.

Posted links linking to topics are obviously not working.

And Ive had to re-log myself back in a few time in the last few minutes...

Also take some time to take a look at some of the new functionalities this place has. You can now save drafts of posts, set rules and folders for your pm box and set up a buddy list for easy point and click additions to your pms.

wow, this is wierd. But cool.
But what happened to Unread Replies? Is that coming back soon, or am I looking in the wrong place?

Aerif

For now just edit your posts to make your tags work.

Erm... How?

I don't really want to sound like an idiot but there doesn't seem to be any obvious way to edit posts now.

EDIT: (There is on this post, but not in project discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.