Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP] Customizable Weapons by Charlie Lee (v0.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every enhanced weapon has a different id, and this is that number. Even copies of the same weapon get different id. However it's not necessary in the name, it was only useful to me in the debug process.
You can get rid of it by changing:
Code:
    @name = $data_weapons[@ref_id].name + " #" + @id.to_s
into
Code:
    @name = $data_weapons[@ref_id].name
around line 50 in the script Enhanced Weapons.

I would love you if you could somehow make this compatible with Guillaume777's (or something like that) Multi Slot Equipment. Because I get an error, I'll be more specific on the error as soon as I get home. ;)

can i use this with gullaume777's multi slot script

sorry double post but i get an error called

mlti slot script : actor' line 196 no error method ocured

Don't double post, tiger.
          -Des

ok, i'll see what i can do for:
1) fixed weapons
2) multi-slot script
If you have a problem with them, please don't ask again, i'm working on it.

@kerfvalerio
Please use the modify function to edit your posts.

Updated.
The new demo shows an initial party of two actors. One of them has a fixed default weapon that is customizable. An event on the map allows to add a third actor, initialized to his starting parameters, and he has a not-fixed default weapon that is customizable.

I'll work on multi-slot script compatibility later.

Report any bug you find.

One thing I have noticed - the way you have coded this script, you use the default way of referring to the stats - PDEF, MDEF etc. I changed them on my game, so this stood out. You probably want to use the $game_system.words strings so whatever someone sets those slots to, the name pulls through correctly.

Note that PDEF, MDEF etc are abbreviations and there isn't enough space for $game_system.words where I used them. I suggest you to edit my code to your needs.

This is ALMOST what I need.  Some suggestions;
(what's up with the items having numbers after them?  You should def. fix this)

-Upgrades should be able to be weapon specific seeing as you really can't just throw a new hilt on a bow.

Edit:Nvm I see how it doesn't work with guillaume777's Multi-Equip.  Should have tried equiping something in the begging.

The Urchin":3cfjzlxw said:
(what's up with the items having numbers after them?  You should def. fix this)

This was addressed in a previous post.

I'll work on limiting enhancements to certain weapons, it seems reasonable.

Updated with version 0.4.
Enhancements applicability is now limited to specified types of weapons, using an element-tagging technique.

Since someone requested this feature: note that if a weapon belongs to type A, and an A-B enhancement is attached to it, the weapon does not inherit the type B, so it cannot equip B-only enhancements.

Important: due to a misconfiguration in the database you're able to equip the attack stone, please correct this by yourselves, I'm to lazy to update the demo for this. ;)

Awesome, now once it works with guillaume777's multi-equip I'll be just about done with all my games systems.  Thanks bro and keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.