Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP] Customizable Weapons by Charlie Lee (v0.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a Good Script, Remember me Diablo II and the Engarzed Weapons and armors.

Very Good.

A few words and questions:

- The weapons can be enhanced with any parameter Item?
- The weapons can be enhanced with status and atributtes (Elements)?

- In the future this can handle Armor enhancements?
- In the future you will make an SDK version?
___

PD: Why don't you make a Little Window instead of a big window that allow to enhanced the weapon select in equip window?

Good script Guile!

Since enhancement are a type of weapon, they can increase any stat of a weapon, included elements and status changes.

Yes, an extension to armors is in my plans.
SDK? IDK! (I don't know)

So you are talking about introducing a modified equip screen to handle the enhancement process as well as the equipping process? Sounds good but i'm not interested... too lazy.

Charlie, you don't do it much but when you read my mind, you read it well - I was honestly just thinking about searching and/or requesting a script like this :D

Tested it out, and honestly except for one thing it's exactly what I would've requested :D
Using this set up I would've asked for a "permanent" element, that can not be removed.
That way I can set up various 'weapons' (stones in your example demo). Attack Stone might be able to be removed but an "Attack Stone +" that adds more, might not be.

Just a suggestion heh
Also while I found it annoying the first time I read the sign, and when exiting the window I went to the main window, I found once I got the weapons and red the sign and was taken to the customizing window, did some customizing, and then exited and was taken to the main window I saw the point there.
Good thinking.

EDIT
I got an idea that you might want to look at, if you are willing to accept ideas.
Either creating a hash or another set up of element tagging that can limit these customs (elements) to certain upgrades (weapons).

Perhaps a hash that limits certain customs to certain weapons, or the element tagging idea which could require more work.

For example on what I mean with the element tagging, using your set up.
Weapon 2 is tagged with an element "Defense"
Weapon 2 can not equip Mdef Stone. It is tagged with "Magic" element
But Weapon 2 can equip Pdef Stone It is tagged with "Defense" element
If I created a new stone that Weapon 2 can equip called Wall Stone (also tagged with Defense and Magic elements), then by equipping Weapon 2 with the Wall Stone would carry on the 'Magic' element.
Thus with the Magic element equipped, MDef could be equipped on weapon 2.

Is that understandable?
I'm kind of bad with explaining.

The only thing is, you'd either have to add in the script a hash with the elements that must be tagged, and anything not in the has could be used by all weapons - or some other method of reading what elements/customs can go to what weapons.
Or you can just do it all in the script I guess and have those of us who would gladly use this anyway, set it up in the script editor by placing weapon IDs left and right - I'm really not sure how it would work.

Bah lol.

This is awesome! I've been looking for a script that could do something like this for a project of mine, and this will do the job nicely!
Yes, I'd love an extension to the script so it does armours too, but for now this is fine. In my mind, the weapons are the most important thing. Great job.

@sixtyandaquarter
I will add a fixed enhancement feature for sure. It already was in my mind.
Not so enthusiastic of the "elements idea". But i will take all suggestions in consideration... (this goes for everyone).

Wow...charlie, this is just what I needed for my game! Now if only you can get it to work with armor (no, not a spelling mistake. That's how we write it where I live).

I'm curious, is there a way to make the augmentations/enhancements permanent? Or are they already permanent?

I just wonder if this can make enchants permanently? and the enchant can be remove(destory I prefer) when you use a certain item to clean the slot.

EDIT:
Can it also add stats up like HP+ and SP+

Did you think that Charlie was sleeping while the forum was down???

Updated with version 0.2.
Now enhancement can be fixed or removable.

For those asking: all and only the stats that you can define in the weapon tab of the database are covered by this system.
ATK, PDEF, MDEF, STR+, DEX+, AGI+, INT+, Elements, State Changes.

This is awesome!  I have a few of questions.

1 - Is there a way to make it so I can enhance currently equipped weapons?  The Reason I ask this is because my main character's weapon is set so It can't be changed.  And I know everything works because I tried it with a different weapon and it works just perfect.
2 - How do I change the opacity of the windows?
3 - Are you later going to make an Item that will remove a fixed enhancement?

darkkyros":1web7t6z said:
This is awesome!  I have a few of questions.

1 - Is there a way to make it so I can enhance currently equipped weapons?  The Reason I ask this is because my main character's weapon is set so It can't be changed.  And I know everything works because I tried it with a different weapon and it works just perfect.
2 - How do I change the opacity of the windows?
3 - Are you later going to make an Item that will remove a fixed enhancement?

1. uhm... i think this does't work with fixed weapons now... but i have a couple of ideas for this... just wait for new updates
2. the help file is your friend
3. interesting, maybe

Thank you.  Sorry, I can't believe i missed the help file.  I'm usually good at reading them first.  I will await your updates. :)

Great script! Simple enough to use, but has a lot of possibilities. I have one suggestion if you're interested. It'd be cool if you made it possible so certain enhancements can only be used once, meaning for example, you can only have one "sharpened edge" enhancement on each weapon at a time. One way to do this would be to have different elements for different types of enhancements, and only one of that type of enhancement can be used on an individual weapon at a time.

My bad, I just noticed somebody else posted a similar idea to mine.

FYI on anyone wondering-
Although the system dosen't USE the SDK, it is compatible with SDK scripts. Or rather, Mr. Mo's ABS (only one tested. It's probably a bad idea to use this with another equipment modifying script, though.)

Sweet script~
I am with what darkkyros suggested, in regards to the fixed weapon option. All playable characters in my game uses a fixed (custom) weapon of their own, so it would be great if you could include a feature to accommodate that. And a way to remove added enhancements too.

Kudos to you, if you can manage that!

Deathbreak":17k4lg2o said:
FYI on anyone wondering-
Although the system dosen't USE the SDK, it is compatible with SDK scripts. Or rather, Mr. Mo's ABS (only one tested. It's probably a bad idea to use this with another equipment modifying script, though.)
Yeah, it works with the SDK (Well, 1.5 at least, that's what I have).  I for one have to have SDK for the CMS I use.  Not sure if it makes a difference, but I have Customizable Weapons under the SDK.

Quick question: I'll feel really dumb if this was brought up and I didn't catch it, but anyway... When I'm looking at the upgrade screen there are numbers next to the weapon I want to enhance, for example as I'm using it in my project it says "Bronze Sword #33". I'm curious as to what the number means, and how I might be able to get it so it doesn't show up.

Thanks in advance.

-Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.