Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

What are you working on? (Game Making Thread)

Did some digital painting all night. Experimental stuff.
cCYseik.png

Remi_Chan

Chaos Goddess

Interesting!

Also good news! Now that the menus are finished, I can finally show off something more entertaining!
Mog you fool! You have made me TOO POWERFUL!

I should be transitioning to a new laptop soon. Battery problems again. Not only did the new battery fail after only a year, it puffed up like balloon inside the computer case, causing all kind of problems.

I had a brief burst of productivity. But I'm really behind on making character sprites. I shouldn't be doing anything else. I shouldn't even be typing this.

I recently played One Screen Hero 2. It's a neat concept. It's like a 4-5 hour RPG on one map. Every other tile is an NPC or Battle. NPCs disappear after you talk to them. The main thing is to save the Inns to replenish MP. Pretty sure the game was made during Covid. Because you're fighting "Disease" and the joke is that everyone was confined to One Map.

I picked it out because I thought it would be fun to try a different method of quickly translating a game into english. I had a plugin parse the Map.json data and output the textboxes to a new document, which Google Translated in like 4 seconds, then I used the plugin again to replace the textbox dialogue with the translation. There were common events and battle events I didn't touch. But still, that was like 75% of the game in one sweep. Gotta love it.

Remi_Chan

Chaos Goddess

Lots of new art has been coming. I've been busy implementing them all. BEHOLD; THE CHIMKIN!
WQJ9xCt.png

Then I went about doing a bunch of quality of life changes / updated. A couple of which you can see in this video.
Also updated the HUD party triangle and actor vitals to fit in line with the aesthetic of the rest of the GUI. Also made the in-battle prompts for color mechanics a lot more easy to see and read quickly.
XQYGkbr.png

Also got around to redrawing all the spellcircles I lost in the computer brick of 2022.
OXnRnCb.png

Here's just one of multiple I did.

However, that is not all. I also went through the database and re-administered sound effects to the thankfully few animations using system sounds which have now drastically changed.

HOWEVER! That is still not all! I also implemented some portraits for Porrum and began and finished the five events for Sanctuary. (This was all done in the span of a day.)

I have some videos to show for it, of the 2nd and third parts!
Enjoy~!

Ho ho ho~ But if you thought I was done, then you would be wrong! (I'm essentially placing three posts into one here.)

Now the time has come to share with you some of the work that got done.

First off! I finally updated Cinematic 07 to show the order and windows the actors appear in.
Okay, so that's that!

Secondly, I finished weathering up all the maps I wanted to, this includes boss arenas, some I went particularly ham on, such as the second phase of Tac Talismina's Boss Fight!
And there is so much more!

Now, as for my stickynotes, I have cleared off all on the list, even despite adding more and more as i found more room for improvement.
ppyuli0.png

So yes, the Apophis Events are done, here's a still from the first one!
qhyUegO.png

It would take too long to share all of the places in which weather has been implemented, but here's some more examples, you might notice Apophis has some very interesting celestial backing now!
7dDEYP5.png

Similar to the Starship YHWH, the Vahnus Estate now also has text that activates on proximity to help you find locations.
lhzLKzD.png

Finally, of my work, you may recall the spellcircle I mentioned last post?
Well, now those are implemented in some newly formatted title screen images, as well!
PR2NljD.png

Here's a couple more...
8em7hYi.png
fqRgy4k.png

I haven't been the only one doing work either. Although doing all this work was what allowed me to get a pre-release steam build ready for early access, my team has been having some busyness as well!

DerVVulfman: The Voguish Prodigy
Seat of the breaker, his role in the Seventh Heaven is to break my games apart to the best of his abilities and report all that which he finds erraneous, and he has had no shortage of work for me to do, just as is his directive! To give you an example, you may find just one of so far nine or ten feedback summaries in the spoilers.
0MO2NNk.jpg
And last, but far from least!

Pjcr
Got me some files, and quite a merry few of them, and more are soon to come! (probably!)
3KO6nWF.png

The faceless ones won't be like that forever, that's just when Pjcr doesn't provide a baseline face graphic.

Sooo... a cool content creator did a first impressions of Fantasia and while there were defs a lot of good to be said, he did bring up some valid critical feedback.

I of course, spent last night doing all in my power to entirely update the control scheme and make combat a darn sight more fluid, behold!
While this is about all I personally have done... I am not the only one who works on this thing!

Pjcr has been busy a lad, uploading multiple files over the span of this past week!

The Usagi and the Simaja
mi0U8bi.png

The faithful followers of Naamah and Eisheth Zenunim respectively.

Serpentesai Female
kx7Kdbd.png

Among the faithful followers of Lilith, the Serpentesai believe in love as something more than mere emotion. To them, it is a force which can be repaired, broken and melded as needed. For love to be malleable, one must desire to be shriven of hatred.

The Directors
EpkVLsp.png

They direct no more. Slik Vendesse and Vind Sashayon have left their charge of leadership to the True Administrator. Nowadays they direct in a much more humble fashion, but one no less fulfilling!

DerVVulfman also got all the DOH's done up until just before Disk 2! Whew! DOH being the present iteration of his patented quality assurance feedback files like you saw above in the spoiler!

In less than 12 hours I will be going to hospital to have all of my teeth yoinked out, with the plan being to get a full plate a few months later once it's all done healing up. Thankfully I have a dearth of recreational activities to do on my PC which will help immensely with passing the time. Between the MSQ and expansion of FFXIV Dawntrail, The War Within pre-patch event and expansion itself and some more big things around the corner, I am most ready!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.