Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Well it seems like the funky days, they're back again.

shadow

Sponsor

Our datacenter didn't have the right RAM. They are ordering the correct memory in for us, the upgrade will be rescheduled. Sorry for the unnecessary 5 minutes of downtime!

I've noticed the profiles are back...except for any profile that was customized.

Which, of course because that's the story of my life, mine happened to be. (Go figure XD)

Any input onto where to go from here, is appreciate. Once again sorry again for harping on this.

shadow

Sponsor

Raiju;189907 said:
Should I report bugs here, or in their own thread in Feedback? I keep getting this error when I try to access the What constitutes a full game and what's a demo thread:

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in /includes/class_core.php on line 363

EDIT: And the Windows won't start thread.

EDIT EDIT: It just seems to be trying to access the last page of the thread that does it. I can look at the previous pages just fine.

Idiot host didn't do a proper shutdown. It's fixed.

Idiot hosts are the one who host the Netplay forums- shared hosting where they don't give the root admin for the SQL a password :eek:.

Erk;189929":21l52t1w said:
Thanks to Jamie at slacked, most of the profiles are working now. Yours is, Lene ;)

Nope, it doesn't look right at all. I think it's because it's me and it's trying to show me my profile in Editing Mode and something's broken there. However, when I log out and go to my profile it works fine. Other profiles other than my own worked when logged in as well.

I tried clicking on 'edit' on one of the blocks and I was able to change the profile style that way. A bit of a roundabout way, but at least it's working! :D

EDIT: Okay, it's not working again...bleh.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function echo__() in /www/r/rmxp.org/www/forums/z/templates/profile/board/browsethreads.template.php on line 28

shadow

Sponsor

All of the problems with profiles are due to the differences in PHP4 (old rmxp host) and PHP5 (new rmxp host). The scripts are being edited to support newer PHP standards.

Mea

I was able to get into my blog. Didn't try to edit it, just went in and Copy/Pasted all my info as a quick backup. Looks like it's working so far. Won't be able to give it a real test until later, but at least I have my notes back :D

Roph

We have noticed some lag under high load, we're bringing the server up to 2GB of ram later today to help solve the issue. Things will get better as time goes on.

Do you have the most overcrowded, bogged down or low quality box in existence? A forum this small and with this little people online would absolutely fly and cause nothing close to even small load on what you said in chat was an XP+ 3000 with (then) 1GB ram :-/

shadow

Sponsor

Silverline;190381 said:
Do you have the most overcrowded, bogged down or low quality box in existence? A forum this small and with this little people online would absolutely fly and cause nothing close to even small load on what you said in chat was an XP+ 3000 with (then) 1GB ram :-/

VB is a lot more resource intensive than you think. The memory upgrade was rescheduled, but currently we're using all the ram and some swap.

The server is an Athlon 64 3000+ (not XP). And with the bursts of traffic these forums sometimes get, I'd hardly call them small.

RMXP.ORG Statistics
Threads: over 14,000, Posts: over 167,000, Members: over 13,000, Active Members: over 3,300

source: front page.

I don't call that a small website... you can't run it on a regular box anymore....

I keepo trying to get to old back-up forum... It gives me a 404 error and tells me it's an outdated page, then sends me back here.

How do you get to the back-up forum?

Anonymous

considering erk isn't around there's not much we can do! that's like a month old anyway so

Wow...this really kind of sucks. I'm trying to get new content for my game, but since the download section is apparently down I'm at a loss of direction. Would there happen to be an FTP backup page or something somewhere? The link supplied at the first posting is down; doesn't lead anywhere.

Maybe I can luck out by asking directly: Anyone know of a backup location for the Minkof's svbs?

As a side note: Am I right in understanding this down time is due to a host not upgrading enough? Perhaps a small host? Though it looks like ya'll have transfered systems enough in a lifetime, I do have a suggestion for a reliable host (99.9% uptime guarantee, OC-48 Backbone, 300GB online space, 3TB of bandwidth/month, nearly infinite DBs...great service!...). I love the host but won't post a link unless it would be wanted (I don't recall any rules against posting such a thing but I don't want to tick off an admin :().

Anonymous

download section's down until erk re-enables/moves/does something to it. iirc most of the resources are in Resource Analysis anyway, so check there for newshits.

the "downtime" (i haven't noticed any, but i haven't been here very much lately so idk really) is likely caused by a combination of server load and shitcoding. or something. the box is being moved to a new datacenter AT SOME POINT IN THE FUTURE (dunno when) where it will (hopefully) be a fucking lot faster, as it will be backed by TWO (2) backbones.

seeing as erk is MIA and ccoa has no internet and they're the only ones who can so much as consider changing hosting or whatever, posting about an alternative host probably wouldn't do much good (also you're supposed to PM erk regarding that anyway). however speaking as a representative of rmxp.org's current hosts, i can assure you stuff is being fixed i think and hopefully things will suck less after the datacenter switch and whatnot.

more information/blah in the exciting next post !!

Anonymous

DOUBLE POSTING FOR A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT (please read this before posting anything else THANX)

The download manager being down is out of the host's control. That's something Erk himself has to enable, which he will do when he gets the time. As of now we (the hosting staff) have managed to fix some load issues, and things are generally faster now. Profiles might still be broken - this again is something Erk has to do, and something we cannot do. I'm not sure if registration works yet - again, admin thing. There's very little reason to access the backup forum, as you guys had ample time to back up whatever you needed from there and KNEW that it was going to be deleted at some point, so. There's nothing there that isn't here.

Everything that needs to be fixed will be fixed in due time. If you need resources check out Resource Analysis. If you can't register or validate or whatever, hang tight and everything will be sorted out eventually. Given the relative stress of a more or less complete hosting switch, coupled with the fact that one of the admins has no Internet and the other is busy with things beyond our control and, thus, out of our reach, I'd say that while things might seem bad, they could be a LOT worse. Thankfully they're not~

If you have issues regarding registration or whatever - you can't log in, you can't validate, your reset password request isn't being issued, etc. - post them in feedback. If you are going to say THE DOWNLOAD MANAGER IS DOWN, we already know this thank you nothing we can do check out Resource Analysis and wait for Erk. If something is horribly broken, the forums are down, something is CORRUPT, there are WHITE PAGES everywhere, or whatever, I'd strongly advise - and encourage - coming to IRC and pestering dZ (Ceroscuro) or shadow. Information on how to connect is HERE.

Everything is being sorted out. Cliches aside, it's true! It just takes a bit of time. Patience~

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.