Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Well it seems like the funky days, they're back again.

Erk

And the partee's got a double-e at the end again.

We're using dragonkid.org as a temporary domain name until we can get our nameservers changed, which requires me to contact ccoa. This is the second time we have opened the forum on this server; the last time crashed.

I think this is safe now. It is hard to say. We lost the 10 or so hours of posts between bootup and the last crash... I'm very sorry. We have a database backup so if you posted anything important and did not back it up I can retrieve it for you, but I hope people were prudent and kept their material safe.

As before, you can still get to the backup forum if you go to http://www.rmxp.org/forums2/index.php - just make sure to type the "index.php" part.

When I Was Born for the 7th Time

shadow

Sponsor

Just in case you guys aren't aware, the domain "dragonkid.org" is temporary. It's only until ccoa can be contacted to change the nameserver over to the new host. Thought I should repost this since it was lost during the database repair earlier today.

And for those of you who have no idea who I am, I'm one of the administrators of the Slacked IRC Network, and the host RMXP is currently on so I'm helping with any of the server-related problems (although jamie does most of the work!)

shadow

Sponsor

Kururu;189625 said:
I knew about DragonKid.org.
And, well, welcome.

It was mostly directed to the people probably confused by the whole situation. Also great work erk getting things working again!

Erk

I dunno what fixed it. I didn't do much of anything. It may just have been the database rebuild that did it after all.

Joe87

Yea well done Erk! :D

p.s for future reference dont let shadow near things because he always breaks them with his damn powertools.

Who keeps giving them to him anyway?

*Looks at Trickster*

Joe87;189631 said:
Yea well done Erk! :D

p.s for future reference dont let shadow near things because he always breaks them with his damn powertools.

Who keeps giving them to him anyway?

*Looks at Trickster*

lies and slander.

Anonymous

Are posts made during this period going to be lost after the forum is shifted back over to rmxp.org?

Erk

Nope, that doesn't involve any file changes, it is just a change of nameserver. There's really no way for that to go wrong.

Tdata

Sponsor

Great Work, whatever you did (or didn't) do.

Sidenote, when will the profiles work again? I've tried Both Dragonkid.org/forums/z/ and rmxp.org/forums/z/ but neither work ATM. :P But it isn't a big deal..

Erk

I have to look into that, I have no idea what is wrong with the profiles. THe data is all there, they just don't want to work.

We have a database backup so if you posted anything important and did not back it up I can retrieve it for you, but I hope people were prudent and kept their material safe.

Not sure if you mean a backup of what was erased the first time the board was brought back up under dragonkid.org, or a backup of things like blogs and profiles.

Sorry to keep bringing that up, but if you were able to somehow give the people with information on their profiles the chance to retrieve their information, then maybe it would be better to start on a new slate with the profile thing.

Just sayin'...

I noticed that all my posts from yesterday at .org are gone (not the barebones site we were using before that used SMF) Also I send a PM and it is not in my Sent box. does anyone know what happened? should I resend it the PM or wait till things get more stable?

Hey Erk I need you to find a thread for me. The thread I need you to retrieve is the ColorMagix Contest thread that was in the events and contest section.

Nin

Well, it's nice to have the old forums back, but this seems slower than hostgator. Hopefully nothing bad goes down with this one. :/

shadow

Sponsor

Nin;189858 said:
Well, it's nice to have the old forums back, but this seems slower than hostgator. Hopefully nothing bad goes down with this one. :/

We have noticed some lag under high load, we're bringing the server up to 2GB of ram later today to help solve the issue. Things will get better as time goes on.

Erk

Crunkbanker;189707 said:
I noticed that all my posts from yesterday at .org are gone (not the barebones site we were using before that used SMF) Also I send a PM and it is not in my Sent box. does anyone know what happened? should I resend it the PM or wait till things get more stable?

The ten hours or so of posts lost also includes PMs and things.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.