Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Warhammer 40,000

Anyone here play? I find the fluff interesting but can't afford the models, so I haven't really read the rules, but I'd be interested in picking it up if I could actually play. I'm thinking about using Gametable so I can use pics instead and just playing online if I can find people to play with. Would anyone be interested?

What's everyone's favorite factions/personalities/whoever? If I played, I would definitely run a Chaos Space Marines army, probably World Eaters or Thousand Sons. Khorne Berzerkers are just cool, but Tzeentch is like my god irl, plotting and magic being the #1 things I always do in tabletop games. I was looking through the codex and was somewhat disappointed to find that there weren't individual rules for different CSM legions. I mean, they're so distinct fluff-wise that I feel like there should be unique models and abilities, but meh. It also sucks that you can't have daemons in your army anymore.

Other than that I'd probably play Orks or maybe Dark Eldar. Orks are just funny. Dark Eldar are kind of inherently froofy because they're elves, but the whole sadistic, hedonistic elf thing is kind of interesting, and plus I hear they're fast and heavy hitters, which is how I usually like to play games. Best defense is a good offense.

Also, what are the best/worst armies? I hear Matt Ward is a Space Marines fanboy and so Space Marines are now somewhat overpowered, and I hear Sisters of Battle totally suck now, but I don't actually know from personal experience.

The prices are ridiculous now. I stopped playing when they doubled the cost of my models. Now they're resin so they're even more expensive than that.

Gameplay and fluff? Yes, amazing. Models? Yes, well sculpted. Prices, company, release structure? Awful.

Well, there's this program called Gametable that gives you a virtual game board, and you can use picture icons instead of models to move around. I figure you could play WH40k on it. I mean, pics from the Internet aren't as fun as models, but they're a hell of a lot less expensive! Would you be interested in playing? What army?

Raze

I'd be willing in trying that out ;o I'd probably play Space Marine/Necrons/something. Not very experienced at it but I'd give it a shot.

My army was one which they took away because it wasn't selling well enough. On top of that, to play it, I "proxied" using a rulebook that was still selling, which they now haven't updated since 3rd edition (current = 5th) so that's bad too.

That's what I don't like. The Games Workshop release structure is now that every 2nd codex is a Space Marines codex. :|

My army is Adeptus Mechanicus (AdMech).

(not mine:)
images

I played them using Imperial Guard - Witch Hunter rules, which are now deprecated and can't be played. I haven't got around to finding a way to rules-legally play my models, if I even can. :|

I have about 3,000 points of AdMech, and a 1,500 point Chaos Space Marines army (Emperor's Children). 1,000 of the CSM and a fair few of the AdMech are just from an older Space Wolves army, my first; it was badly painted and badly put together so I cut it all back into pieces and used them to add to my two armies (the CSMs were my sister's but she sold them to me when her boyfriend and her split up).

I hear Sisters of Battle totally suck now

Worse, they're not even a legally playable army now.

Anyway, I'd probably think about playing.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.