Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] New 8 way Movement

Hey near i saw ur script and i saw the option for dashing, how o we use this option?
like where do i put the dashing sprite?

Alright, this is the layout of a regular spritesheet:

[o][o][o][o]
[o][o][o][o]

(only smaller)

And this is the layout for 8 direction+dash spritesheets:

Just 8 directions:

[4][8][4][8]
[4][8][4][8]
(4 = vertical+horizontal; 8 = diagonals)

Just dash:

[sprite1][sprite2][sprite1dash][sprite2dash]
[sprite3][sprite4][sprite3dash][sprite4dash]

Dash + 8 directions:

[sprite1(4)][sprite1(8)][sprite1(4)dash][sprite1(8)dash]
[sprite1(4)][sprite1(8)][sprite1(4)dash][sprite1(8)dash]

I'll add the example spritesheet with dash in a few minutes.

What other scripts do you have in your game????
(If you start standing upper-right, search your script editor for 'direction = 9')

Ok its fixed. Hey, think you can have a way where when you turn left or right its more of a 45 degree rotation instead of Left or Right?

Think you could implement something where if the player taps a direction he faces it and if he holds a direction he moves? It would make it a little easier for me. Other than that, I love your script!

Edit: just realized that script snippet makes the player face left with at a 45 degree angle. I meant something that rotates you. Like imagine you're standing in place, and you tap left one and go 45 degrees, than again, and after a few times you've done a 360.

@epe: Yes, I am Near. And you spam my thread, but why?

@boj: ' turn_left_45 ' rotates you to left 45 degrees. You will have done a 360 after using it multiple times.

Umm... yeah dude i saw your post answering my question, but im still confused... where is that sprite sheet u were going to post?

Think you could make a True False setting that changes your movement? If you can imagine one of those scripts that make you have Resident Evil style movement (Walk forward, back up, turn instead of facing the direction) but with 45 degree turn instead of 90.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.