Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Advanced Files

maia

I figured out what the error was, having it on a flash disk / USB drive thing. I moved it onto the PC and now it works.

I know, I know, necropost, but I found a bug.

If I level up in game, say to level 3, and at level 3 my character HP is 662.

When I load that same file, however, it displays the characters HP as 500, which is the max for level 1. No matter how much HP you have when you save, it displays as the HP you have at level 1.

Don't worry about necropost in my topics. I still support all my VX scripts.

That bug is weird, at first it looks like the code is fine. When you level up and you save your game, it displays the HP correctly. But when you take a look at other save files, they display the HP you currently have. Then, when you go back to the title screen and hit Continue, they all display the HP of a level 1 actor.

This is really weird and I don't understand why it's doing that.
One thing's sure, I'll find out what's wrong and update the script ASAP. I will also add an auto-save feature in the next version.

Take care!
-Dargor

Ahhh glad you caught this one. Personally I just ignored it for the time being but I'm glad that it's fixed now. :cheers: Cheers Dargor.

(#1 Producer of script I use in my games that aren't mine. Woot! Keep up the good work man!)

If you're trying to load a game that has already been saved before you add this script, then it's normal. I recommend deleting all your savefiles before adding this script to your project.

When I try to save a file with multiple teammates, it gives an error: undefined method 'hp' for nil:NilClass

Is there any reason it should be colliding with requiem sbabs? If so, think you can make a compatabilty patch for it?

Eh, I never expect I would encounter a bug with this script since you pretty much fixed everything but I seem to have a small problem. I created a prompt_save script for my convenience and I'll release it when I'm done (well if it's useful...). Well anyway, when I confirm Yes on the prompt window, and yes i called $scene = Scene_File.new(true, false, true) and saved but when loading and saving again, it gives the following error:

I'll type out the error:
Code:
Script 'Advanced Files' line 214: TypeError occurred

can't convert NilClass into Bitmap
Line 214
Code:
self.contents.blt(4,32,@game_system.background_bitmap,Rect.new(160,128,224,128))

I'm still learning to script RGSS2 so I don't really know how to fix these sort of problems yet. Also thanks for helping and creating this script.

This script is like magic and it works like magic. Good job Dargor on another excellent script which I'll be using. :biggrin: (unfortunately, this script isn't fully compatitable with the party changer system you made. :huh: I keep getting an error with the large party script something refering to no method class when I load a game.)

Bitmap load and dump functions? That make Bitmaps work with Marshal? I didn't know that existed. I suppose it's all Yeyinde's work, so when I steal it that's where the credit goes.

Looks nice, Dargor. I always wanted to make a save/load screen this nice. Actually, that idea was to make one more like the Chrono Trigger file screens, where the actual file information is in a separate window. Not that I would necessarily use it, but could this be modified to work like that, instead of as a confirmation window? Just a thought.

Also, it would be very possible to convert the screenshot script in XP (which uses an external DLL) for compatility with VX scripts. Just define Graphics.snap_to_bitmap as the screenshot function. I have the screenshot DLL if you need it (the script that uses it is in MACL)

The error I'm getting is:

Script 'Multiple Parties' line 371: NoMethodError occured

Well I think its something like that anyways. For some reason, 1/4 of the time when I load, it loads up. Just most of the time it crashes though which sux :huh: because I think this script is overfantastical :lol: . I want to use this script, the party changer one and the limit system as soon as possible so I can get my game under way. :cry:

This bug occures most of the time when you're trying to load a file in which was saved without the Multiple Parties script. It's probably that but it can also be something else, like a compatibility issue between these 2 scripts.

I'll take a look at it.

Well I'm getting tired of waiting for your party script to be fixed up no offence lol. So I would really like this script and the limit script working mainly...If you can't make it compatitable with it then I will get rid of the party script and possibly look elsewhere or find another way because otherwise, I can't see any other bugs with this script...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.