Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth

I would definetly get it if I owned a psp. Valkarie profile was/is one of the best RPG's ever created in my opinion. It comes right behind legend of the dragoon and FF7. The side scrolling elements I think make it more interesting, and you'd be suprised how confusing a dungen can still be in 2-d. The battle system was simply amazing, and my MOST favorite of all time. It amazing how they can make what at first seems like a simple system so complex and fun. I honestly think I will never get bored of that battle system. The different ways you can make combos, change weapons for different attacks, charge up with super attacks (four combo/super attacks in a row kills everything!) and switch in different characters for customisation just makes it time robbing to me. I thought the game was completly awsome (except for the voice acting...*shivers*..I think one guy seriously was the voice actor of Ash from pokemon...) I would highly suggest the game especially now that they have new voices and CG movies. Well, I'll stop my rambleings now.

P.S. oh and about the combos now. I would suggest using jelenda first, then the merc guy (forgot his name) and whoever you have in triangle in rapid succesion, then quickly do valkrie. Just try different combos and eventually you'll find a way to do it. And the number of attacks you do has to do with your weapon. Change it if you want more attacks. In fact i traded a 750 sum odd attack for a 360 sum odd attack just becuase of more attacks, it helps alot. Also, If you stuck you can ask me, I've gotten thorough a good portion of the original one.

Marcus said:
Depends on your taste in rpg's and judging from your tastes in particular it's probably not a buy for you.

He's going to buy it because I told him to buy it (I talk to him over IMs a lot, and I'm trying to get him to buy it [BUY NOW BUY NOW BUY NOW]), now stop trying to pick on the guy. Have you SEEN his picture? He might just get baked on hasish, and go kill you, assassin style.

Mega Flare

Awesome Bro

I will buy it. But right now im saving all my money for a 2GB memory card for my PSP. And I could get it as a Bday Gift from my day But im not im using that cash to pre order Nascar 07. Then after all of that.. Il buy it

Well, after playing it some more my opinion of the game has increased dramatically. It's really fun, and I'd recommend it to anyone who is looking for a good game on the PSP.

I REALLY want this. ><

This thread prompted me to go play it again, when I discovered to my horror the game seems to have vanished from my collection. ;_; I'm playing a rather buggy version for an emulator since my copy is MIA, but I really, REALLY want the PSP one. Problem is, I'm too broke to buy a PSP, and the only other games I'd get for it is probably Lemmings (Nostalgia!) and that FF game I keep hearing about. Not really worth the price tag to me. Why couldn't it be for the DS? Why!?

Darn it. ><

Marcus said:
Because the game is too large for the DS without compressing all of the cinemas and voice acting making it look and sound ugly.

Yeah, I figured as much. I thought I'd just rail against fate for the hell of it though. ;)

I can't wait till I get my work permit. Not having an income is seriously limiting my gaming options, among other things.

Mega Flare

Awesome Bro

PSP is not that expasive. You live in canada so its only 229.99 Cnd. I think it might be cheaper if you go down to USA to pick up since its only 199.99 and the exchange rate is pretty low right now

Aran

@Arathe: Plus, the DS ranks low w/ graphics and sound unlike the PSP, which is beautiful and sleek and much more up-to-date. But not to really be spiteful of what u said, but i think the PSP is as good as its price tag. I mean its like a MP3 player, a portable DVD player, plays games and can access the Internet (tho that feature kinda sux...). I actually think its a lot cheaper than its worth...

but yea if you get this game you will definitely be satisfied, cuz the voiceovers and lush CG brings it to life.

Hehe, yeah, I know the PSP is better in the technical department, the only reason I said it wasn't worth the price tag to me was because of the lack of games on it that I'd want.

Though, honestly, once I can I'll probably buy it anyway. ;)

Mega Flare

Awesome Bro

well im going to BUMP this topic casue i got a few questions about this game.

How hard is it? How long is it? is there coustomization? Is there any replay vaule?

It's one of the coolest games I ever played and thee best game for PSP ever!!! Plus it has PSX version and I readed somwhere that the PSX version costed more then 100$ because demand and supply... So only 70000 copies were sold in NA and over a million(or a 2) copied!!! Though the PSP version costs 35 bucks... I got it Fo(r) Free!!!(I got all psp games fo free - only for GTA:LS I paid.)
Anyway, somebody played it?

Marcus

Sponsor

You got it for free?

What, did you download the iso?

If so, for shame. Pirating games is the number 1 reason why Sony doesn't fully support the homebrew scene and it's people like you who keep the PSP's custom scene from fully shining.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.