Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Universal Customizable Menu

Finally found a customizable menu that fits my game. This is really user-friendly even when I can't script things myself. I will be using this, good job!

Is there a way to replace where the monster kill and step count are, with a mini map of the current map you are on. I don't know how to script, but I don't think that it would be too hard if someone was to tell me how. Great script, definitely going to use, thanks!:D

Can you change the font in some way? The standard is so boring, I want somthing gothic like "english gothic 17th c" for my game... Is there any way to do this in your script or the general default scripts? Thanks for any awnser

ps. great, no damn awsome, script btw

kenpokis: I can add this feature in future
kerfvalerio: I can made a compatinility patch
Gottlind: if you wanna change the default font use:
Code:
Font.default_name = "name of font"

I'm not very active in this period so be patient please.

I've tried to remove commands, and I did what you said in the script, but it just comes up with an error mentioning line 1384. What am I doing wrong?
EDIT: That problem fixed, but now it mentions on the same line that it doesn't understand <=. I try removing the "<" but then it says my game's completed 100%! I hope this isn't my fault...

This script is excellent! It even works with Mr. Mo's ABS (So happy)

However, how do I move the face, or fix the stats so that they're not all over the character's face? Dx

Not really a necropost, since the last post by Leonhart wasn't too way back (end of December).

@Jaiden
You just need to play around with the x & y coordinates to move the faces/text around.

Code:
draw_actor_hp(actor, x + 95, y + 10)
In this case, adding or subtracting the following coordinates will move the alignment of the HP.

Those coordinates can be found under:

class Window_MenuStatus < Window_Selectable
OR
class Window_MenuStatus2 < Window_Selectable

I can't remember which one is the right one though. Just try both yourself to be sure LoL

Around line 560
Change this:
self.cursor_rect.set(0, @index * 98, self.width - 32, 96)
with this(i think):
self.cursor_rect.set(96, @index * 98, self.width - 32-96, 96)

Sorry for my lack of support.

The Sleeping Leonhart":3hy3adqr said:
Around line 560
Change this:
self.cursor_rect.set(0, @index * 98, self.width - 32, 96)
with this(i think):
self.cursor_rect.set(96, @index * 98, self.width - 32-96, 96)

Sorry for my lack of support.

Leonhart your amazing xD

Thank you! (I know I'm getting better at this scripting thing though D< I was so close, I was just editing the one at line 500 lol... Also, the code you gave me, the rectangle was a little small but I fixed it.)

Thanks again~!

EDIT**:

Cool I have one more (hopefully one last) question. The window that display's the mapname, it gets easily cut off. Is there any way to make the text smaller so I could fit more text in the window?

Valcrist:
The Sleeping Leonhart":26cdudsd said:
sephiroth976":26cdudsd said:
Nice this is really cool and easy for us non scripters but i have one more question though.. whats the command to add % to the progress bar in the menu?
To change the game progress: $game_system.progress += value

Leonhart:
Hey, nice CMS Leonhart, but I'm experiencing some trouble. The name of the map is too long and cuts off in the Location spot. Is there a way to make that font smaller and where would it be?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.