Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Universal Customizable Menu

Sorry about that last message I thought you said you would make it compatible, when I fanally realized you said no I got the hell embaressed out of me. *blushes* I'm embarresed....

Hey im not a scripter but i really like this and i wanna try and make my own CMS with this and i was wondering if there is a possibility to add music to the menu so that when you open your menu a custom song plays?

P.S DarkOmen777 you should use the edit button rather then triple posting >.<

EDIT: Oh and how can i make it so that the menu uses another windowskin then the rest?

The Sleeping Leonhart;303570 said:
Now you can ;)

Nice this is really cool and easy for us non scripters but i have one more question though.. whats the command to add % to the progress bar in the menu?

also it would be cool if we could have a different window skin in the menu ;)

EDIT: Also im not sure if its a bug or just me but if you turn off the animation it wont animate when you go into the menu but when you exit the menu it still animates out

sephiroth976":25gavm4r said:
Nice this is really cool and easy for us non scripters but i have one more question though.. whats the command to add % to the progress bar in the menu?
To change the game progress: $game_system.progress += value

also it would be cool if we could have a different window skin in the menu ;)
You mean different skin for each window? well i can add this feature:yes:

Also im not sure if its a bug or just me but if you turn off the animation it wont animate when you go into the menu but when you exit the menu it still animates out
I post the fixed version with the new skin feature.
Thanks for the report

EDIT:
Update
Fixed the bug
if you turn off the animation it wont animate when you go into the menu but when you exit the menu it still animates out
Added a new feature: You can choose different skin for each window.

Waiting for other suggestion!

Great! :D il try it out some more later and tell you if i find anymore bugs :yes:

Also if you want more stuff to add to the script then how about a choice to have animated players? like you see the player walking instead of just standing in the menu?

I cant really think of anything else at the moment but il be sure to tell you if i do :thumb:

So, Leon, I've been busy using and customizing this. Great script by the way, and I checked the whole thread and I wondered:

What's the specific, step by step, process to use the faces rather than the char graphic?

(damn, I feel noob asking this... =/)

Never mind that... I figured it out. Now my problem is setting it so it doesn't show the face under the text :p

Don't mind any of that, I managed to get it right. 10/10 script dude

Im using this one! There was one that said it worked with Prexuses ABS, but it didnt... Yours does, and thats good. Like the animation, and the ability to actually make you menu in an easier way than learning too much RGSS.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.