Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content The Weak Spartan

Dead content awaiting restoration.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! The Weak Spartan has 60 maps and has been worked on since July of last year! It was made by NGGames(C) (us) in coorporation with Shadow Corporations(C) and RSGames. On the title screen you must look for the our logo, the blue guitar, to ensure that the game is not a copy. You may share the game with others, but the game is NOT for retail sell.
This is the full game, but it does not have everything added on to it yet. But tell us how you like it. You can PM us or ask any questions in this forum. Any feedback excepted. So, tell us what you think! I am going to put the full game on eBay once I have the last script from trebor777 and once I get one more sidequest completed after he gives me the script. :) . The guide is not yet finished either

Game Stuff
Rated- E10+
my.php

Title Screen
http://img240.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... enedf2.jpg
Love Scene
Alright this demo is not including the script by trebor777 or the extra sidequest that it will have on eBay.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6UPOAXOE
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6UPOAXOE   
Zab (name changeable):
RACE: HUMAN
HOMETOWN: SPARTA

Katrina:
RACE: HUMAN
HOMETOWN: SPARTA
hEY ILL PUT SOME MORE ON LATER I GOTTA GET OFF
Any feedback is accepted. Your rates (1/5) depend on how much the game will cost, as I will add up all the scores and get the average to get the price.
See you guys around!
please tell me if theres any bugs that need fixing.

From the download link:

Download Free for all. 
+ Download without advertising.
+ Download without time out.
Files, Use our new technology "ADSTechnology"
ADSTechnology
ADSTechnology to increase the speed up to 10 times. Install our software and Download file

Are you kidding me? You expect us to download some potentially virus-laden application instead of your game? Host it elsewhere!

Here are some suggestions:
http://www.rapidshare.com
http://www.megaupload.com
http://www.box.net

Your screenshot makes me want to cut myself. Seriously, that's the worst thing I've ever seen. And I've seen some pretty bad things.

Why don't you read the rules for this subforum, fix you post, and then maybe I'll get back to you.

Akinari":344mbfc9 said:
TAKE MAPPING LESSONS!

More like, he should actually take more than thirty seconds on each map. Y'know, NGG, I don't think anybody will care that you have sixty maps, if they all look like crap.

EDIT: Lummy is here...Brace yourself!

Now, now. Let's have none of that.

Rare

This is the best game I've seen on rmxp.org, hands down.  This even beats out Master of the Wind and Quintessence.  No lie.

Seriously I'm in LOVE with this game.

remember, this is just the demo. The unfinsished version. I'll make the maps better and stuff before i sell the game.
They're just sloppy coppies.
And elias, i doubt it

NGGames":2rc9usc9 said:
remember, this is just the demo. The unfinsished version. I'll make the maps better and stuff before i sell the game.

Why release a demo, if it's crappy? I wouldn't play this if you paid me. That map in the screenshot is literally made of shittiness. Literally.

They're just sloppy coppies.

What does that mean? Are they copies which are sloppy, or are they copies of something sloppy? I would say the latter... Keyword there is 'would'. How is this demo a copy? Why do you never make sense?

And elias, i doubt it

It's called sarcasm. >:|

Plus, you still haven't fixed up your post! Read the rules, goddammit! This thread is a joke(note I said this thread.)! If I hadn't seen the previous project thread for this, I wouldn't know what the fuck it's about.

Plus, I seriously doubt anybody is going to buy this off...of... eBay... Wait, you're selling game discs? Why not just charge for the game, and not discs? ARGH! You make me think violent thoughts!

no, i'm selling it then sending the download link to them in an email.
the mapping sucks, but the story is... great.
megaupload download now up there.

I think he gets the point now, no need to keep up the beating. Although I almost get the feeling that NGG is just making this as a forum troll thread. . .

Spoo

Sponsor

Akinari, Luminier, Delmaschio, NGGames, Avadan, zenrdy, jhd and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

See what this does to people?! Still, did this not get closed last time? Because it was just as crappy then?

NGGames":2d47lk2l said:

From what I remember... No. No it wasn't.

Reives":2d47lk2l said:
I think he gets the point now, no need to keep up the beating.

^ This is true. But it's just so easy. I'm afraid locking would be the easiest solution.

I have such a weak will. ;_;

Akinari":2d47lk2l said:
Still, did this not get closed last time? Because it was just as crappy then?

Actually, Despain closed it because it was attracting flames, and the poster admitted that the game was not his own.

Also because it sucked.  ;D

NGGames":1m25dqje said:
if you play the whole demo thru, it is a pretty good storyline. and i didnt mean this to attract flames.

Well, I don't want to download the demo. Wanna know why? Because I have no idea what I'd be downloading. Have you told us what the story is? No. Have you given us a list of characters? No. Features, (good.)screenshots, or anything at all that would give us any indication of whether we'd want to play this, or not.

You're not letting people know what the game is about! You're just saying "hay guize!11! plz dwnld tihs gaem itz wait cool!1! i wuld tel u wut itz about but u want 2 b suprized dont u?!1?/!1 LOL".

FIX IT!

Okay, I'm done.

mawk

Sponsor

Coming from the OP, this seems... Slightly off.

At any rate, your idea (taking someone's money, then emailing them the download link) seems a little unrealistic for sale on a large scale. First off, are you going to be emailing the download link personally to each person? If you're thinking you'll have more than a few dozen customers, that won't quite work. Besides, people will be a little leery of the idea.

Think about it. If I was suposed to give someone money on the vague promise that I'll be emailed a link, I wouldn't do it. You might be swindling me blind. I'm not saying you're a crook, I'm saying that your business model might make people suspicious. No matter how truthful you are, there's no way to prove you won't take our money and run.

In addition, if you're just going to email someone a download link, it'd be simple for that person to break the chain of capitalist oppression and distribute that game themselves for free. Poof, there goes your profit.

Besides, from what I see you're not spending any money on this. If a game costs money to make, then I feel that it's justified to charge for it, but if someone's just using the basic RTP or resources on the site, two things pop into my mind:

A: Greed. You're not paying a cent for the game's development, so you're making an infinite amount of profit on something that could just as well be free to enjoy. Master of the Wind is free, and it's damn good. Same with Quintessence, and what I've seen of Cell Chamber and Crepusculum.

B: Inexperience. How do you expect people to want to buy a game like this when there are free games on the site that are obviously much better? The reason people pay to make commercial games is to gain access to professional-grade resources and the like; we have a lot of skilled people here who do work for free, but the stuff you have to pay for is more clean and consistently good.
In essence, game developers pay to make their games good. They make their games good so that people will want to buy them. If you're using only the RTP stuff and the resources from the site, your gameplay and story damn well better rival that of Charles Dickens playing Chrono Trigger.

One thing I see in common between you and Shadow Corporations is that both of you seem to have no idea how anything actually works. You act like professionals, but you assume things are easier than they are; you think you can get rich without effort. You'll have to learn how to develop a game, publish a book, etc. if you're actually going to do these things. Things aren't as easy as they look, trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.