Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Switch to SMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous

IMPORTANT
anyone with blog posts remember to BACK THEM UP if you want to keep them! vbloggetin dies with vB and we can't convert vbloggetin information to wordpress, which we'll be using for the new blogs.

^
I thought this person left?

I didn't think it was going to happen so soon!

So, I'll have to kiss my sweet Spivtastic goodbye, eh?

Too bad, so sad.

Can't wait. :D

Oh, I didn't know that the stuff in the download manager was going to backed up! That's good to know. I thought I was gonna have to gorge myself on character sets, and script demos! It's pretty obvious that it would be backed up, though. I'm so attentive. :p

Anonymous

you should do that anyway btw since there are no guarantees that we'll get EVERY SINGLE THING. we're going to try our damnedest though.

Yes go right ahead, grab anything you can it's not going to hurt anything, but it might very well save something.

It's honestly not a bad idea to grab what you want now, but don't feel you need to back up the whole DLM and anything else now before the end of the world or nothing.
Leftovers I'm sure will be around.

I'm looking forward to the switch. I personally prefer SMF as im more used to it. Goodluck with the switch. It must be one hell of a job converting a database of this size.

shadow

Sponsor

Your argument is flawed unless you give reasons to back it up...

SMF is a bad choice because... I recommend IPB because...

Obliterator;331351 said:
SMF sucks... IPB is what you want.

I have a lot of personal experience with both of those, and I have to say that SMF is much better. It'sa lot more versatile as well as being less resource-intensive. The only thing that Invision has is an easier skinning system, which doesn't mean anything since I've learned how skinning for SMF works now anyway.

Plus, Invision isn't free anymore, and as we have stated multiple times, that is one f the reasons for the switch, among others.

I say ;_; to the loss of Spivtastic. That's really all; I don't have any experience whatsoever with SMF, so expect some dumbassery on my part in RA & RR for a few days until I get the hang of it :')

wait, wasn't the switchover supposed to be today? (wednesday the 5th of december)

I'm on GMT so i'm not entirely sure when the switchover is supposed to happen but it's almost 11AM EST (according to the GMT website) so, does this mean it's tomorrow or have I been dimwitted and missed something out? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.