Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Stemix Academy

Holy crap Metal is gonna kick my ass, Hey, TA, I'm gonna be away prolly for the next 2-3 days, Gonna hang with a friend who's been gone foreer, Plus be in a car, PM me and I can PM back if anything comes up

Aw, thank you. ^_^

http://www.maj.com/gallery/starmies4/Se ... tut060.png[/img]

Part 6, cloth is up! It's the last of the materials. Soon I will start Chapter 2: Scenery, which will focus more on objects rather than shading methods. E.g. part 7 will be on trees. It will give you some tips on making an easy effect of leaves, as well as perspective and such. Well, I'd better be getting to work then. Enjoy part 6. Also, thank you to Tana for supplying me with some images for the part.

Though this is undoubtably brill and I'd love to be able to do it I'm not sure if its worth redoing all the graphics for Invisus - after all that might just waste time! :S I'll give it a go though, for sure, seeing as I have 6 weeks off. Its a brill tut so far, twin_matrix, its more than a bit sexy!

Wow this looks very nice indeed! However I am worried that if I create tilesets like this it wont fit in with the rest of the RTP... And as for doing all the tilesets in the game myself, well I think not :P

Heh anyway great work, keep it up! I think I'll use these myself when I find some time. (I'm supposed to be doing my homework untill your thread distracted me hehe)

Oh, dear Lord. It's 3:39 AM and I still haven't finished part 8. It's the most complicated part yet, on house exteriors. I've posted what I have so far, because it's almost completed. Just have to add a few house decorations to the 4th tutorial and then make a completely new house to show for the Test. ^_^ Enjoi.~

Wow! this is really good! I might download photoshop cause all i have is paint.net. Itll only take me 4 days =p (why did i waste my broadband downloading south park?!?!)

(why did i waste my broadband downloading south park?!?!)
'Cause Kenny told you to. :P

Anyway, thanks for the comment. ^_^ I've finished the House Exterior part. The house turned out pretty cool.

http://www.maj.com/gallery/starmies4/Se ... tut134.png[/img]

This is it for now! ^_^ I want to spend some time focussing on getting tilesets for Whisper of a Rose (the definite title for the project 'Enter' -- see signature) done before the vacation is over. When I'll hit a new part of making the tilesets themselves, such as making autotiles, though, I will update the tutorial with that, because I want to update it as I work on something. Once I start drawing battlers, I'll update the tutorial with a battler part. Well, you know. Meanwhile, gogo and practice! If you're good enough I might hire you for WoaR. ;)

$t3v0

Awesome Bro

Twin Matrix that house is beautiful. The covered outside area is what does it for me, definately! With work like that you should certainly move away from RTP houses/colours asap and design your own. I'd love to see that and it might even inspire me to get my arse into first and do something with my project :P

You've taken the foundations of what i started and made it into something better. Ever since i came to the forums with this "cartoony" style, you've always been the one to stick with me and put the faith in. Now look where you are! I'm kind of proud despite hardly knowing you ... which is kind of strange.

I rummaged up some of the VERY first things that i designed with this style, and you can appreciate how far it's come:

As you can see, things have clearly evolved since then and I tend to cringe when i come accross this stuff. But everybody has to start somewhere, i guess. I just wish I knew what shading was before i did.

Excellent work, TM!

Your partner in crime,

~$t3v0

Omgosh, Stevo, I remember them! I really liked them, actually. I thought it was really cool.

Haha, I've been trying to get this style but it just isn't working for me. Jolly nice looking though =]

Hmm, I see that I haven't posted a reply to your post in here yet, Stevo. Like I said in the PM, I love the trouble you went through to make that post. Awesome images. Nostalgic! ^_^b

Re-uploaded all images and fixed the first post up for those interested. The post limit has on this forum has been tightened over the years, so I had to divide my tutorial into two posts. =)

Enjoy!! ^^

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.