Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Small Battle Scene Modification

I'm making a request for a custom battle scene/layout. I saw this in a RMXP game I saw a few years back and I wanted to use it for mine. This isn't a custom battle system request.

I'm making a request for the same battle system that RPG Maker XP comes with except that it uses sprites instead of battlers. Monster sprites on the left facing to the right, and actor sprites on the right side facing to the left. When someone attack their sprite moves to the target and an animation is played. This is sort of like the battle scene in rm2k3 but with rmxp sprites. No need for any hit, attacking, weakened, etc. frames, just plain old sprites.

I would also appreciate it if the battle status of the party members was shown on the bottom of the screen without the message window and HP/SP bars. I need this to be able to show data for up to 5 party members.

I hope I'm being descriptive enough and I can answer any questions about exactly what I'm looking for. I really need this for my game and I can't find this sort of script anywhere. It should be easy enough since it's only a graphical modification (I think).

For the first part of your request, Minkoff's Animated Battlers should do the trick. It fits what you asked (regular old sprites) and you can modify it so it uses character sets instead of 11-frame battlers.

I'm not sure about the latter part of your request, however.

Thanks. But where can I find Minkoff's script?

And as for the second part, just imagine the regular battle scene then simply remove the message window and  battlers but keep the text. HP/SP bars are optional but I would need the whole thing to be resized so that it could fit the data for 5 party members.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff68/kevinsllama/screen.jpg[/img]

Thanks again. This is the first forum I ever joined and I was surprised at how fast I got replies. I might try messing around and find a way to remove the window myself but I wasn't really so sure about adding bars or fitting 5 characters.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.