Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Skill restrictions on items.

Hello everyone.  I am scripting my first game, and I decided to use the Equipment skills + mastery script http://rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=42188.0, but I would like to be able to script it so that only certain classes get access to certain skills.

for example,
I have a war cleric who learns a skill that increases his attack that he learns from a weapon.  The group's rogue can use the same weapon, but I don't want him to have a divine ability, but instead to be able to learn a skill that reduces the enemy's agility.

Would it be easier to just limit skills to weapons and only allow certain classes to wield each weapon?

Thanks to everyone for their time.  Unfortunately, I am unexperienced in coding, but as I become more experienced, I would be glad to help others.

~GS

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.