Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Scrolling Message System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratty524":3qpjekpz said:
I tried the demo, but no text is displaying and when I tried to talk to an NPC an error generated.
Hey there... I had the same problem as you and this is why...
With the demo you get  HighTower font, that you got to add in your font library in your computer... simple enogh,...
Or change the font in the script to one you got installed...
Hope it helps.

You gotta install the font.
Question.
For the name boxes. What do i put to show hero 1's name if the name is customable?

kerfvalerio":13w05rke said:
Bob0800":13w05rke said:
You gotta install the font.
how do i do that?

A font is provided with the Demo. The extension is .ttf .

All you have to do, is copy that font, then go to your control panel. In your control panel, select the "fonts" folder, and paste it over there.

If the "Fonts" folder doesn't show up, on the right, select "Switch to Classic View". After this, the Fonts folder will show up.

Now just do what I said above. ;)

EDIT:
Question.
For the name boxes. What do i put to show hero 1's name if the name is customable?

Put in \name[\n[1]] where 1 is the ID of the hero in the database.

Ratty524":1hwqtzt0 said:
I tried the demo, but no text is displaying and when I tried to talk to an NPC an error generated.

Try installing the font?

Also Slip, this is an awesome system (if it had more features of your letter by letter system I'd be simply amazed by it)

Chrome Dragon":o05y2t8r said:
I just didn't feel it was neccesary to make a whole new topic
I'm sure the mods will feel that's a wonderful reason there, bud.
maor175":o05y2t8r said:
The link dont work
This is an old script that hasn't been used for months now. Also, refrain from posts that contain only four words. It's just not healthy.
  -KRoP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.