Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Scripting Contest 1 - Custom Menu System - Contest Ended

Vote for your favorite CMS. (click links to download)

• Daft_Punk_CMS

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Kain_Nobel_CMS

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • rey_meustrus_CMS

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • mr_smith_CMS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's not that hard to understand, especially if you've actually tested it in-game to see how @target_window works. Basically, it has @item_window, which has Window_Selectable commands to alter its own index from the arrow keys. When you press Input::C, you take @item_window.item, which is an RPG::Item representing what was under the cursor, and stores it, and makes the target window visible and active. The target window is just like Window_MenuStatus in Scene_Menu; it's just invisible when it's not being used.

Please don't mark me off but I might not be able to submit my project until 4am on the 15th... just a few hours past the deadline. Its just I get off work late that night, and I'm going to need about an hour to work out the last minute changes so it can be properly submitted.

Nah, they probably need a week or two (more like a month or two, if you ask me) for all the judges to go through and pick at every CMS and 'grade' them. Not to mention, theres really a diverse crowd of novice and veteran scripters who've entered this contest, meaning the judging process is going to be a WILD ride I'd imagine. If you look at the opening of the topic, it'll give you a clue of what different concepts and principals come into play of judging a contest like this...

To be honest, I hope they decide to extend the deadline another couple of weeks because I removed half my menu to get a good grade (on the finished scenes lol). This is really cool though, I've been staring at my menu for a year or two, meaning I'm bored and sick of it TBH, so I'm ever so anxious to see other peoples' work! The one I'm most anxious to see is the Legacy CMS recoded which I believe ethelon is doing if I read his posts correctly, that is my all time favorite CMS.

Good luck everybody, can't wait to see what y'all came up with :thumb:

The contest submission period is closed. Thanks to all who participated.

We are now gathering all the entries and starting our grading. We will be posting a member vote topic for our members to take a vote within a few days so you can see all the entries our scripters have came up with.

Good luck to all our contestants. :thumb:

SephirothSpawn":9ah8io5u said:
The contest submission period is closed. Thanks to all who participated.

You need to change the topic to something besides "Deadline Extended" because I keep thinking you've extended the contest again XD

Speaking of extending deadlines, if I created a new scene after the contest I wouldn't be able to submit it to you again would I? Alot of the "modular" features of my script feel pretty empty without the Config scene which isn't in the version I sent you, I just finished it the other day. That and I changed/cleaned up alot more stuff XD

Someone downloaded one of my files at box.net which I believe it WAS the contest script. Is it downloaded after such a long time?

Well since i'm on this forum, ( few years now... ) it has always been like this: "seph is here, then he disappears for a few weeks, and then come back"... :smile: So ... just wait I guess...

: ( lol.
Seph really is taking his time.

I guess all great minds need a vacation now and then.
I was really looking forward to seeing the Custom Menu Systems.

It a shame really. I was on creation asylum yesterday. someone named Sephirothspawn was saying scripting is pointless. I hope that isn't true. Please don't quite on us Seph! :angel: I have been wanting to see these custom menu systems for awhile. and your scripts are absolutely superb!

Well obviously, that wasn't seph. someone tried that before, and seph promptly and soundly rebuked said individual. i know for a fact he's busy with work and his child. same reason i disappear for weeks or months at a time, more important things to worry about. that being said, give him time to test and score each script, and we'll see a winner soon.

Alistor":1uko0vpx said:
Well obviously, that wasn't seph. someone tried that before, and seph promptly and soundly rebuked said individual. i know for a fact he's busy with work and his child. same reason i disappear for weeks or months at a time, more important things to worry about. that being said, give him time to test and score each script, and we'll see a winner soon.

:thumb: Thank you for clearing that up. Big relief for me. That guy that's doing that needs to knock it off.

Sorry this took so long. We all got a little tied up with other things, blah blah blah..... no excuse, I know. :scruff:

Here are the 4 final projects for members to vote on. Try them out, and vote for your favorite.

Daft_Punk_CMS
Kain_Nobel_CMS
rey_meustrus_CMS
mr_smith_CMS

P.S. the judges scores are in, and it's close enough that the member vote could make a difference.

We'll give this about a week, then tally up the points.

Thanks to those who participated, the judges, and (in advance) members for voting.

Be Well

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.