Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Script for move route and event page

Hi all,

So, I was just working on my game. I'm making this mountain path to a town and stuff, and then I decided it would be nice to put a person in it. I find it very odd and annoying that you never see other people when between towns lol. That's just not how it is :p But I digress... I gave the character a move route to spruce up her utility, and then started making what she did....

I have her talk about some general stuff and then she asks you your name. You can choose to introduce yourself, or move along. Depending on what you say, a 1 or 2 is added to a variable, and what she says after that is dependent on said variable.... Now this is where my problem comes in.

If you talk to her in the middle of her move route and then the next page activates, her move route is started over. This creates a problem if I have a specific move route for her....So...

Could someone give me a script that keeps the current move route of the event, even if it goes to another page?

Thanks!
-Big Cow

you could use a single-page event..
- if var 001 = 0:
-show text
-show choices
if <introduce yourself>
var 001 = 1
exit event processing
if <move along>
var 001 = 2
exit event processing
- if var 001 = 1:
player chose to introduce(2nd time he speaks to this NPC)
-do whatever
- if if var 001 = 2:
player chose to move along. (2nd time)
-do whatever
I believe a path-finding script, like this one will also solve the problem.

Hm. It seems like instead of making the move route in the event page, you should put it in the Autonomous movement (Custom). That way the event will move, the same way you had it before and the player can still speak to her. If it doesn't go to the second page, and the player is done talking to her, she'll keep on that move route. But if she goes to the second page, you should have set the same way, and she'll keep moving on that move route. Also if Eventing is your fancy, you could track where she is moving and have standing right where you left here when you come back, even if she's set to random.

Ex: walk into store. She's in the left side, she then walks to the right side of the store. You walk out. When you walk back in she's still on the rigt side(instead of being at the start point of her event).

Actually, you could make a whole AI, that could be used for all sort of event this way, not just for that one NCP. AI as in, you could have the Event appear to be moving when you're not on the map. Useing the same Example, but applyed with the AI idea...

Ex: Walk into store. She's on the left, she walks to the right side of the store. You walk out. Wal back in and she's in the middle and at the front of the store. Walk out. Walk in. She's now at the door RIGHT IN YOUR FACE!

Just throwing some stuff out there, if you realy want to spice up your game play. Haha. But Silver wind is right, that path-finding script should help you out, too. :grin:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.