Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RTH-ABS v2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTH

Weird, for me it works perfectly.
I 've set the delay(letter b) to 1 and the time was short.
I 've set the delay to 40 and the time about 1 sec.
I 've set the delay to 400 and the time about 10 sec.

But, the letter C MUST be bigger than B
Ex: B = 1 ; C must be 2 or bigger
    B = 10 ; C must be 11 or bigger

Script 'RTHABS - sprite_Hud_Basic' line 205:nameError occurred.
undefined local variable or method 'gaugue' for #<Sprite_Hud_Basic:0x3e2d0b8>

gaugue is spelt wrong should be gauge :)

Script 'RTHABS - Game_Event - Update' line 100: NoMethodError occured. undefined method 'make_rthabs_action' for #<Game_Enemy:0x51a1f50>

this pops up when i get near something

WiZ`

ooh XD now it's working ^^ my foult, i was loading the game after the edit to the script, i'd forgot that when you load the game, you load also the script ^^ anyway... i've another question... is possible to remove the time between 2 combo? when i end the first one, i've to wait a lot for the second... it's possible to change that delay time?
i've search for it in the scripts, whitout results

kaileb

Hey like everybody else says it rulez with a z lol. But i have a bit of a problem. when ever i try to get the script something pops up and says failed to load actor data What does that mean? ???

Don't worry, I'll translate it for you. I am not so good in scripting, so sorry me if some stuff is wrong.
P.S. Yeah I am portuguese-speaking.

It's pretty cool, but i'have found one bug, and i think one problem, the bug is when you kill a moster whith a skill(puutend with the A,S,D buttons or kill with boms and firebal yo don't recive any EXP and any money(ay least tath wath happens to me). And the problem is when i have more than one carac and the principal(hero ID 1) is killed you get the control of the Second carac(Hero ID 2) but the problem is thath u have the contro of the attack of the chara but no the movement, this chara direcs to the next Enemy event and if a wall is in the middle the character will stay there, i don't know if i get expain well.

I hope to heard for u soon.

PD: srry my bd english

kaileb

Hey does this cause problems if i down load your script and i down loaded hp gold time hud? cause it doesnt let me move when i play ever since i down load your game :eek:

Hey this script is awesome, But I have a question:

how do you set attack and defend animations once you change your heroes graphic, because the sword animation and such only works with that standard girl sprite, and if you change the main hero graphic to another sprite, and you attack, the sprite stands still and you only see the sword animation

okay i myself along with many others have been waiting for an awesome script like this, one problem though that ive run into....i tried using an 8 dir movement system with it, and it works fine..the problem is however, you cant attack or use any magic what so ever... so is there anyway that this script can have an 8 dir movement and even maybe a pixel movement?? because then games like Secret Of Mana could easily be made

Alright, I have a small question, and I hope somebody can explain it to me.

If you go to the script named "RTHABS - Shootable", you'll see something telling us how to use it. The comment says: "SKILLS[id] = [Event id, need]".

I don't understand what this "Event ID" is referring to... can somebody please throw some light onto the situation?

EDIT: Also got some more questions:

How do I set which Character Graphic a spell uses. For example, the Bola De Fogo skill uses the "FireBall" character graphic. How would I go about making the same type of thing for another skill, with another character graphic?

ChaosMaxima":20pk0mmt said:

If you go to the script named "RTHABS - Shootable", you'll see something telling us how to use it. The comment says: "SKILLS[id] = [Event id, need]".

I don't understand what this "Event ID" is referring to... can somebody please throw some light onto the situation?

How do I set which Character Graphic a spell uses. For example, the Bola De Fogo skill uses the "FireBall" character graphic. How would I go about making the same type of thing for another skill, with another character graphic?

hi this took me some time to figure out too...

first of all at the top  of the shootable script it says MAP_EVENTS_ID this is where the events for shootable skills,items and weapons go

the events (like in the demo) are the graphic and the custom movement. In the demo the Bola de Fogo has the graphic of the fireball and the movement of one step

the events go in the map which you have choosen for the MAP_EVENTS_ID

soooo in the shootable script say if you wanted SKILL[85] to be a fireball you would put....

1. at the top of the put the map id with the events in eg "1" for map 1

2. put the skill and the event number eg SKILLS[85] = [1]
([85] being the skill id and [1] being the [event id])

and to change the graphic just change the graphic of the event ;D

hope this helps  ;D

GOT2MOVE":ax3mxe3w said:

first of all at the top  of the shootable script it says MAP_EVENTS_ID this is where the events for shootable skills,items and weapons go

the events (like in the demo) are the graphic and the custom movement. In the demo the Bola de Fogo has the graphic of the fireball and the movement of one step

soooo in the shootable script say if you wanted SKILL[85] to be a fireball you would put....

hope this helps  ;D

Thanks! That was just what I wanted!

You really are a lifesaver :D

RTH

kaileb":17yawfik said:
OK SOOOOOOO how do i make it so my guy can summon something without having to kill it in a battle first?
Look for SKILLS[73]= 9 at RTHABS - Summoner and just add; SKILLS[skill id] = Summon id.
And above, you will see: DATA[9] = 20, you have to add add: DATA[Summon id] = Time in seconds that he summon will stay.

herogaurdin":17yawfik said:
okay i myself along with many others have been waiting for an awesome script like this, one problem though that ive run into....i tried using an 8 dir movement system with it, and it works fine..the problem is however, you cant attack or use any magic what so ever... so is there anyway that this script can have an 8 dir movement and even maybe a pixel movement?? because then games like Secret Of Mana could easily be made
Show me your 8dir script and i will add that for you.

GOT2MOVE":17yawfik said:
ChaosMaxima":17yawfik said:

hope this helps  ;D

Thanks for helping man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.