Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RPG Maker MV announced

Bit more detail.

9kXIPqZ.png

I won't be getting it right away. I don't think Dies Irae will be moving any time soon, although the resolution would be great for the character art. It would mean rebuilding the battle system in javascript.

arev

Sponsor

I've noticed a slight lag between opening the message window and the text being filled. No biggie, I'm really impressed by the availability this gives to RM games. And what's best about it - it practically jumps over Apple's development hassle, should one be planning to release a game for iOS. Chaos is coming. Good thing! @_@

I got that too. I'm not sure if they did that themselves though, as there seems to be a pause between chunks of text that they have coded in. Maybe they started each message with that pause for some reason?

arev

Sponsor

I've started the game a few more times without chaching. Really seems like a content streaming problem. The message pause actually happens only with the first person you talk to, and only once. I also noticed the BGM starting with a couple seconds delay. I'm pretty sure there will be some way to download the data first, before actually running the map.

Can do it the same way I do for Afar, which is a bit rusty but works. Just shove every image in a page and put it in a 1x1 iframe.

...well, it works...

The beta testers have started releasing there games and people are downloading their preorders. It seems the cover art characters are indeed separate dlc. I've already read some disappointment that there wasn't more to them.

I downloaded one game and peaked inside the image folder. The big monsters sprites are odd. I'm not fond of the enemy artwork but its something I think people could have an easier time replicating.
I'm still bummed the tilesets are mostly rehashed VX stuff, at least that's what their game packaged - it didn't have everything in it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.