Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[RMXP] Net Rmxp Online 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
This script is a great idea and a decent start.  :smile: The number of bugs and the battle system make it impossible to use though.

Bugs I have found:

1. Eventing, even simple eventing using switches yields some very strange results. Like "Action Key" events starting without the "Action Key" being pressed.

2. If you are too low on MP to cast and try to cast anyway, the game crashes with this error.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/ ... Image1.png[/img]

3. My puter is fairly new with a decent processor speed and over 1G ram. I can run Everquest2 without any lag. But the client slows to about 24fps from 50fps once the game actually starts (after login). Something like this should not eat all my ram. I understand that i am running the client and server on the same computer, and that may have something to do with it. I'll try running it on 2 separate puters, and see if makes it any better.

This is after toying around with it for about 10min.

gameline":26xsysef said:
I have a problem.
I'm running the 2.7 version but when I start the game I'm stuck near the HUD and I can't move.
how I can fix it?

Look through the Server ini files. One of them has the character starting position, change it there.

Soultion for the screwed up HP/SP problem:
Just make an autorun event on your starting map.
Change Parameters: MAXHP +501(or just one more than whatever you want the starting HP to be)
Change Parameters: MAXSP +500(or equal to whatever you want the starting SP to be)
Then Recover all, whole party.
Self Switch A=on
Make a second Event Page that says nothing, with self switch A conditional on(to make it so that the max HP and SP is only chaged the first time you log on).
Extremely Simple, I'm VERY surprised nobody thought of that sooner 0_o
After that it should be all fixed up for ya.
^_^

nazra7":1y7c4g2v said:
in addition to the bugs i reported before theres a bug that it seems that any monster npc while 1 or more persons are attacking it it wont die until one of those persons killed it from its full hp regardless of the dmg done by any other player. BUT this is not certain it only seemed like it...

That's because the monster event is serversided.

127.0.0.1 is your offline ip address, i think you have to put your external ip address into the config whereever that is.

goto whatismyip.com to find out what your ip is.

Connessione richiesta: 127.0.0.1 translates into Connection request: 127.0.0.1  Meaning somewhere in the config... like said, you need to change to your external ip address.

I was just wondering if the newest version of NRMXP Online is currently compatible with Windows Vista because I have a good game idea for an MORPG. If it isn't currently compatible could you please start working on a compatibility patch, because it would make this much more popular because many Windows XP users are switching to Vista. I would appreciate it if someone could please awnser these few simple questions, and please help develop a compatibility patch please, thanks for reading this post. Also do I have to run the server on my internet connection, or sign up for any server hosting to create a server for my games on NRMXP?

I tried it out, and got it up, and running on Windows Vista Home Basic. But all of the text in the server editor is all in Italian. I can only read certain parts because of small english reletivity. I version I tried was Server & Client V2 #2, which is in Italian, and I tried the normal 2.0 which is also all in Italian. The scripts, and all files in the folders are translated but the most important of them all, the program is in Italian. Which .RAR file download is the proper one for english? Could someone please tell me?

EDIT: Alright, I got the program translated with the lingua option in the program so it is up, and running.

I was just wondering what the default username is to loggin because it keeps telling me in italian "Username Incorrect", or "Username Errato", or do I have to create an account, because I have no idea how to login :crazy:. Could someone please help me i'd appreciate it?

I checked the config.ini file but it only lists server info, none on users. I also checked charlist.txt but the only user is named "Vengeance". I tried entering the username as "Vengeance", and the password as "PASSWORD". It accepts the password but the username it says is incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.