Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RGSS Studio - A tool for scripting in RGSS (PLATFORM DEMO)

Well, 2010 won't let me build, so I'm reinstalling 2008. I'll use that instead.
The ruby building is rather pointless, now that I think about it - if you want to test it, you'll most likely need actor data, and support from built-in RGSS scripts. So you might as well just try it out in RMXP/VX

Sorry, but I haven't really touched it lately :blank:
I should...

I'm sorry I haven't updated in such a long time! I haven't gotten the chance to do anything with it.
So I pulled it out again and touched up the UI...
screeny.png

I got rid of the whole pink thing and just stuck with the basic grayscale idea.

I'm looking back at my old version, in Visual Basic.net, and it looks like there are some things I could do in the code there that I can't do now...

EDIT: Yes!!! I got the Inserts functioning ~ figured it out.
Auto-insert and syntax highlighting.... quite a bit aways still, though.

Well, it's looking pretty good. :thumb: So, has it been established yet how inserts will be done(things like "def" where you need a name?)

Yep. Figured that out. For the most part, that is. I still need to create Forms for each of the ones that need them.
And I'll probably have something to turn the extra forms off...
I need the script behind the syntax code still. If you could just copy and paste it into a PM? Or was there a reason you couldn't? I can't remember, but I don't have the source for it anymore, since I switched to win7.

hmm, well, i don't actually have that control anymore... and it was VB6, so i dunno, i might be able to get it, if you still need it.

A lovely fellow by the name of formlesstree4 helped me out and showed me how to do syntax highlighting, as well as a more efficient way to do inserts. I'm considering him on the team :)

Thanks for the help!

TODO: Compile a list of syntax for highlights

Alrighty, updates:

• The project is now being programmed in VB.net
  • Syntax is on its way! We've got def/module/ect working, single line comments, strings, and a few others
  • Got inserts working, about right
  • Have line numbering, and collapsible def/class/if/ect :D
  • We're planning on releasing a platform beta real soon, to test out the syntax, and inserts.

And that's about it for now. formlesstree4 and I will work on the syntax a while more, and fix up some more bugs, and expect the new platform beta the first week of April!

Until then,
-abreaction

hey if you need a syntax highlighter for VB.net i have one done that you can have. can't remeber if i finisghed it fully. but most of it is there.

Alright! Demo!
This is the platform demo, which includes
  • Syntax Highilighting
  • Basic Editing Functions
  • Layout
  • One listbox item working (class)
  • and multiple other features

Here you go!

[ EXE Build ]

[ Source Files ]

Please report any bugs or issues you have while using the program.

Known bugs:
- issues with parsing pasted contents
- listbox does no dock properly
- class, if, def, and module titles and arguments are highlighted blue
- 'end' is not highilighted
- Cannot delete marks

Enjoy!
-abreaction

I'd have to manage to understand how they do their syntax checking..and getting one XML file to work was hard enough! I do like the control however, so thank you.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.