Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[RGSS] [RMVX] Anti-Lag

Very nice script indeed.

There's a conflict with this script and KGC Scripts.  It would be nice if you get a chance to figure out how to get them both working together harmoniously.  (http://www.rpgmakervx.net/?showtopic=1044)

I tried putting the anti-lag script after all the KGC scripts and it works BUT it breaks some KGC stuff like the trailing party members.

Its very useful and helpful, however I did find a bug, in my overworld is freezes the character's directions as you move through it. As well as a fact that ships seem to not disappear...

I did notice an error.  For some reason in one of my cutscenes... no sounds are played and all of the characters sprites do not show up, and all the animations do not show up.  There's no possible way I could pinpoint why it doesn't work, so unfortunately I'm just going to have to comment the script out for now :(

Edit:  Also note that the characters needed to change graphic to show up, so maybe like the guy above his ship didn't dissapear... something must be related there.

It is the script to because it works when I comment it out.

I found a bug:
When you relocate an event (transfer it to another part of the map), its sprite doesn't transfers until a few seconds later...

maia

When player "transports" to a map that is 500x500 it hangs as the screen is darkening to black. It hangs one shade up from complete black.

Xaiko

One question: How can I fix the problem with events with big sprites beeing pulled along by the frame of the screen?
Is there a parameter that controls how far off screen events need to be, before.. their graphics are ignored like this?

Thanks in advance  :smile:

Xaiko":106pfnw2 said:
One question: How can I fix the problem with events with big sprites beeing pulled along by the frame of the screen?
Is there a parameter that controls how far off screen events need to be, before.. their graphics are ignored like this?

Thanks in advance  :smile:
There was a small issue with the animations that can be fixed with this script.  I'm not sure if that's what you're having trouble with, but you can give it a try.

Oh hey, there are bugs here. I only fixed the ones that were e-mailed to me. I'll pick at these and see what I can do (people even use this thing?), thanks for some of the detailed bug reports. :)
(Rather pure luck it was right on the front page or I'd never even have noticed, I actually clicked it thinking it was someone else's AL script and I was curious to look at the code.)

@Xaiko: You can increase the X_OFFSCREEN_SQUARES and Y_OFFSCREEN_SQUARES at the top (instructions are in the script) to make it update as many squares as are needed to keep your event moving offscreen, probably around the ((width of image / 2) + 32) / 32 squares.

@maia: I see what you mean, the reason it's lagging is because the map does some up-front processing when a map loads to lessen the amount it has to do regularly on the map. I'll use this analogy: You want to clean up 5 rooms with a broom. The initial way VX did it was you would get and use and then put away the broom for each room. (You fetch and clean, then put the broom away all 5 times.) The script makes it so instead you simply take the broom out when you start, and put it away when you're done with all 5 rooms. This is similar/identical to many games with loading times; they're doing a lot of up-front processing to set values so that the system doesn't have to calculate them out each time.

Okay, fixed:

1. Calling Change Graphics on a blank event
2. Animation and Balloon calls on blank events
3. Added ability to define how many squares off screen the updates will still operate (default of 1 square)
4. Several fairly substantial efficiency increases
5. Using blank events for move-routes, etc

(The system takes events and decided if they should be ignored; ignored events are basically events that don't have any processing or graphics, so when you try to show an animation on those it was ignored. Let me know if you run into any more event commands that aren't working so well.)

The link on the front page should get you the newest version, I'll try to get the front page updated too!

Sorry for the "double post," but wanted to be sure the people who requested the fixes knew they were done now.

Wow Anaryu, this script works great!

All the others I tested were having incompatibility with my "distance activation events", at this moment ive noticed no errors, also I'm putting it in my project, I have something around 65 scripts running there, so if your anti-lag script survive the "TEST" it will be awesome (until now it showed no errors)

hi,
I'm having serious issue with balloon icon. it gives me an error about this code line:

character.clear_antilag_flags

I hope you can fix it!

ps: it's part of the balloon icon code in the script that start at line 709

bulletxt":1ssanw87 said:
hi,
I'm having serious issue with balloon icon. it gives me an error about this code line:

character.clear_antilag_flags

I hope you can fix it!

ps: it's part of the balloon icon code in the script that start at line 709

Okay, I think I saw what was wrong and fixed it. The downloads in the first post should be updated, please try again and let me know if you still receive the error.

If you do, can you please PM me to look into sending me a copy of the project or some other medium so I can track the issue down?

i tried putting this in my game but some of my events doesnt work.
this script messes up with some of the events like "set move route" and "through"...
could you fix this?

I've uploaded a new version with the 'moveto' command fixed.

@dandanthedan: That's pretty vague. I can use those commands just fine, so I'll need more specific examples OR ideally an example of the issues in a project file so I can find out what's going wrong.

leech

Hate to necropost, but I was wondering if anybody ever fixed this script's compatibility with the 'Scroll Type' settings in the Map Properties configurations.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.