Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Probably a very simple script: Remove a character from the party when battles end.

I have a summon character idea in the works for my game, where you use a skill and the character becomes a party member. He acts as a normal party member, but when he uses his skill he gets knocked out. Once the battle ends, whether he used the skill or not, the character is removed from the party.

Basically, I'd like a script that removes [Hero ID 5, 6, 7, etc] from the party whenever any battle is finished. It sounds easy but I can't script if my life depended on it :(

I'm not sure if this would cause a problem, but please make sure the script still works even if the player chooses NOT to summon a character.

If you need any more info I will gladly help, but I think it's more or less explanatory:thumb: I have faith in you guys, thanks in advance. No doubt, you WILL receive recognition in my game for your actions.

Oh, and just to clarify. I already have the skill and events for the summon to appear. I just need him to disappear right after the battle ends. Thanks again

I tried doing it, but I couldn't figure out how to get it to remove the character AFTER the battle was over (like right when you're back on the map). I'm not very good, granted, so if you or someone else can guide me on how to remove them after a battle ends, that'd be great.

I suppose you are using RMXP dafult random battle option.
I mean... you set the battles to be done on map properties.

I don't know how to do that you asked on script, but I really think it is MUCH easier to you making all the battles on the game programmed.

This way you have much more control.
You have the option of programming your custom random battle system(harder).
Or just make the battles of the game by touching monster, that's easy. Like Tales of the Abyss or Grandia.

No, all the battles are started by an enemy running up to you. I just thought it'd be much easier if there was a script (Or I suppose common event, if thats possible) that automatically removed the characters when a battle ends, rather than put "Remove X from party""Remove Y from party""Remove Z from party""Remove XX from party""Remove YX from party""Remove ZX from party""Remove YX from party""Remove YY from party""Remove YZ from party" and so on every time, as I plan to have several summons.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.