Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Platform Mode Beta Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloaded it even though I very rarely look in this section, purely because I have always wanted to make a platformer.

Biggest issues: The jumping is too "square". Don't know if that makes sense, but there's no arc to it. It is very tile-based. Moving diagonal, stop at a certain tile and head back down. He needs to jump and fall more naturally, and slow down at the peak of the jump.

If you hold the run button for a while at some point he begins moving lightning fast and it is hard to control.

Really good start, better than most others. Good luck.

Qudeid

Is there already a fix to the bug where you can be inside of a platform?
It is the only thing that bothers me the most... I mean, you jump on a up-going platform, and if you don't land on it while it is on a quare, defined by the RMXP, there is a very high possibility that you just stand there, while the platform goes through you and once it is past you, you fall...
I really can't figure out where the real issue is. :(
But if someone wants to fix it, and needs help, I offer mine of course ^_^

I was thinking of this and you could use the formula for an arc to make it more natural. just move it pixle by pixle.

thx...

so..now..
i like it. If you allow, i try to set that thing up to pixelmovement ( fOetz!´s Script )...

Okay, I have a question, How do you make it where when you jump and you hit an invisible block, where it slows you down and throws you in a downward direction too?

I hope they are >_<;; and for Bugs, You can hide in the platforms, the Terrain tag things are messed up by a little, like you can go onto a map peice about half way(right) before the terrain tag activates and it sticks out about a half of a block that isnt the same map peice...Its hard to explain.... Flying stuff pushes you out of the way when you land ontop of it, Sometimes you go into blocks that your not suppose to be able too, and if you jump and there is something flat above you and you hold the jump button, you stay stuck to the ceilling untill the fall variable starts or whatever.

Uhh, Can I post again, Sorry if i cant.

But i still need some help, I want to make a spring and Figure out how the comments work

Eilei

Sponsor

I'm reasonably happy to see this on page 2, despite months of inactivity on my part.

The good news is, I have more free time now to work on stuff, and you can expect this to be updated.  It probably won't be soon, due to the many problems and bugs, but in the next month or so I'll post an update.

Eilei

Sponsor

Chainsaw Cheeze":2jps4zfx said:
Well could you send me an IM or maybe just tell me right here on how to make/script a spring?

Right now, you'd have to create an invisible event that moved a person up/down/sideways when they stepped on the "spring."

Sorry I didn't post this earlier; I'm still getting used to the new forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.