Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Nintendo Reveals the NX (Nintendo Switch)

Mega Flare

Awesome Bro

Hybrida":144547hd said:
Seems okay. Unlike the Wii U, everyone can have a screen controller and not just one person.
I hate the name 'switch'. NX was better... But whatever. People will call it the NS eventually. Anything rhyming with bitch is a no no in my eyes.

Once again Nintendo leads the way in innovation. I guess it's time for SONY to steal...

If the switch could play android games, that would be an amazing feat.
Damn, I'm gonna have to buy at least 8 of those consoles. My family loves to Nintendo!

Nintendo's stock is up 1 billion as of yesterday. :)
Nintendos stock actually went down after the announcement. Anyways i might get one if it replaces the 3ds as the handheld. The switch just seems like what the wiiu should of been. But eh i can do this feature with my ps4 with my vita. Remote play

Hybrida

☆ Biggest Ego ☆

Yeah, but Nintendo isn't near bankruptcy like sony.

See how the media shits all over Nintendo:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/12/19/ ... n-its-dock

Instead of saying the switch runs 40% faster when docked, the dumbass media says it runs 40% slower when it's not dock. I bet if it was Sony they wouldn't have said that shit.

Anything to be negative to the company actually trying something new. It's almost a portable Xbox one in terms of power, but damn that. Dumb people what it to have 6 teraflops, 4k, and 60 frames per second.

Those people are subhuman and needs to die. :box:

Jason

Awesome Bro

That's because it DOES run 40% slower when not docked lol... but it also runs 40% faster when docked... it just depends on how you look at it, but it's the same thing. In terms of specs itself, it's weaker than I was hoping, even while docked, seems like it'll be sitting somewhere between the WiiU and XBO in terms of power, although that may go up considering they're using new chipsets and whatever that may be able to producer bigger gains on smaller power or something?

Either way I'm not sure how likely I am to buy one... I fell for the Wii U, and came out rather disappointed, although I do still play it every now and then, and there's two or three more games I need to buy and play before I retire the console. If this manages to pull in both home and handheld developers, and we see enough support and games being made, I may buy one after a couple of years... I was planning on it anyway, just waiting longer this time before I make my mind up.

This is the fucking best news about the Switch for me; http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=n ... an-Conform

Makes me believe Nintendo are going to make this very developer friendly.

The best thing they can do after this is iterative hardware. Better spec version every 2 years would be the icing on the cake (with refinement every 1 year).

EDIT: I 100% believe that if Nintendo becomes a gaming tablet/console company they'd differentiate themselves massively from the competition and exploit a new market that hasn't been fully explored. They just need to make the right calls for the developers, and so far they've been talking to the right people who've got the credentials and market experience behind them.

Hybrida

☆ Biggest Ego ☆

I'm just hoping Nvidia sneaks in Volta class tegra chip. That was shock the world. No sure if it's possible.

(I have a electric attribute character named Volta.)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.