Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

New RpgVX Encryption Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Encrypto, how could you use my RGSS2A Extractor if I haven't released it?

I also join Cremno request for knowing who designed this encryption method.

to vgvgf, now that use have the path name "Graphics/Faces/protection.png". were you able to retrive the secret message? what did it say?

to cremno, how were you able to retreive the path name?

Has anyone been able to decrypt the rgss2a encrypted archive yet? if not, then this new protection seems like something i would want to use on my game. If it takes 2 people to work together to steal someones custom graphic resources, and 0 people can decrypt the game, than this is definalty a system that I would use. also only 1 person in the world according to vgvgf owns this RGSS2A EXTRACTOR and he said him self that he hasnt relesed it yet, so i believe that only 1 person in the world would be able to steal someones resources if they wanted to. Su unless vgvgf decides he wants to steal my custom graphics, than I feel pretty safe uploading my game now.. Thanks Mr. Encrypto

to vgvgf, please dont release your extractor, because if you do, than you are all about hacking into peoples games and not pretection them. If that is the case, them people woundnt like you very much. If you dont release your extractor, than this protection system is the only thing that people would need to protect their games. This protection system is good enough if you ask me.. Thanks :)

ffplayer6":18uw50br said:
to vgvgf, now that use have the path name "Graphics/Faces/protection.png". were you able to retrive the secret message? what did it say?
Here it is: http://i46.tinypic.com/e7mlhe.png
It's not the original because vgvgf "extractor" just saves bitmaps (loaded pictures) as PNG and don't extract the original ones. I didn't work together with vgvgf so it doesn't need two or more people. I just did the same as he did with the "RGSSAD Extractor". Still a nice idea!

to cremno, how were you able to retreive the path name?
The path is readable in the memory for a very short time :)

Has anyone been able to decrypt the rgss2a encrypted archive yet?
Not yet and because I know the "secret answer" I'm not motivated enough to write one. Maybe some mysterious "Mr Decrypto" shows up but that won't be me!

@Mr Encrypto: Are you going to release the encrypter? Or do "you" need to do some modifications before doing it?

Some important last words: I don't support stealing of RPG Maker game data!

extractor%20image.jpg

is this the program that you are using???? because I have that program too, why do you say that you have not relased it yet?
also to cremmo, yes you have successfully gotten my cusoto image from my game, you didnt decrypt it to gain the image, but yes you have gooten it anyways. No this program will NOT be released yet, because more modification will be done to it, now that I know what exactly I have to do to make it safer. Since the encrytion is unbreakable, I dont have to worry about that anymore, you satted that, "The path is readable in the memory for a very short time :)" so now preventing the path from being readable is now what must be worked on.. thanks again, everybody for your help in participating in this project, in the near future, be prepared for a more safer tomarrow.. when the new final release of the project will be released....bye bye now :)

rgssad%20extractor%20image.jpg

I just came across a new extractor that really does exist. I did not know about it untill just moments ago. If I knew aboutt this extractor, it would of help me make an even safer game, now that I know about this new extractor called RGSSAD2 extractor, which I was confused eariler, and thought that the rgssad2 decryptor was the same thing, but now I know that they are two different programs.
@ cremmo, can you please P.M. a link to where I can find the extractor that you have used. this way i can finish the protection system. thanks :)

i want to create an RpgVx game that is protected from ALL decryptors, including this extractor that I just now know about.

Edit, I have just found and downloaded rgssad extarctor i found on the web, this should be similair to the rgssad2 extractor,
here is a link

http://www.4shared.com/get/57614401/c8e ... 2_ENG.html
but @ cremmo, I would still like a copy of your rgssad2 extractor so I can compare, thanks :)

Cremno, what was the secret key? The one I seemed to have found was 59B050BD, which actually causes vgvgf's decrypter to crash on any .rgssad or .rgss2a file, because it causes a misinterpretation of the required header info.

Mr Encrypto":m36n2xxj said:
@ cremmo, can you please P.M. a link to where I can find the extractor that you have used. this way i can finish the protection system. thanks :)
I don't have it anymore. It's not the same but it works like the linked "extractor" you've posted. An edited RGSS-DLL forces the Ruby interpreter to require a text file which contains the removed code and the "Bitmap to PNG" part.
Glitchfinder":m36n2xxj said:
Cremno, what was the secret key? The one I seemed to have found was 59B050BD, [...]
You're finding is the default key but Mr Encrypto (?) added some extra stuff vgvgf's DRGSS decryption code lacks. If you want to know more start the disassembler and disassemble the DLL but that's against the EULA :wink:
If you use the method I mentioned above I didn't had to find the key. For unused pictures you have to get the path but for used pictures you can use an RGSS2-ready version vgvgf's "RGSSAD Extractor".

And good luck for the next time, Mr Encrypto!

@ffplayer6, I didn't released my RGSS2A Extractor because WXRGSSAD decrypter did a better a work, and there were no need for my extractors any more. However, I did release my RGSSAD Extractor for RMXP, and it's very simple to adapt to RMVX, any scripter with some experience could do that.

Since the encrytion is unbreakable, I dont have to worry about that anymore, you satted that, "The path is readable in the memory for a very short time :)" so now preventing the path from being readable is now what must be worked on.
Lol, there is no unbreakable encryption, the only perfect encryption is the one that cannot be read but there is no use in that. Btw, are you the one working on this encryption system or other person? You still contradict that in your messages... From what and how you write it seems other person is the one who worked on this, but yet you say you are working on the encryption yourself.

However, the enryption system looks good, and if the dll is packed should make code injectors like my RGSS2A Extractor unusable until the dll is unpacked.

You're finding is the default key but Mr Encrypto (?) added some extra stuff vgvgf's DRGSS decryption code lacks. If you want to know more start the disassembler and disassemble the DLL but that's against the EULA :wink:
This encryption system is against the EULA, the same as my Extractor, and also changing the magickey for protection. So disassembling the dll shouldn't make things more ilegal.

That's my RGSSAD Extractor. Here is the code for my RGSS2A Extractor and instructions to edit a dll for it:
[pastebin]41[/pastebin]
Create a new file called "RGSS2A Extractor.rb" in the game folder and copy the code from above.
Then, open the RGSS202E.dll with a hex editor and llok for this code:
Code:
$RGSS_SCRIPTS = load_data(scripts_fname);$RGSS_SCRIPTS.each { |s| s[3,0] = Zlib::Inflate.inflate(s[2]) };$RGSS_SCRIPTS.size
And replace it with:
Code:
$RGSS_SCRIPTS = load_data(scripts_fname);eval(File.open("RGSS2A Extractor.rb", "r").read);$RGSS_SCRIPTS.size              
Then, just run the game or the .rb.

mawk

Sponsor

i want to create an RpgVx game that is protected from ALL decryptors, including this extractor that I just now know about.
no such thing. every program, rm or gammaker, unreal or source engine, can be decrypted by necessity. it's just a matter of time and effort on the part of the hackers. decryption programs are just a way of making the means less exclusive; generally these things are cracked using stuff as simple as notepad and a program that can read hex values. I hope you understand this.

all that said, it's pretty obvious that this isn't your encryption program in the first place, so...

It almost seems like the safest thing to do is remove all mention of RPG Maker at all from your project, and never tell anyone what you made it in. That way even if there are programs around to decrypt it your average joe won't be able to (it will still be decryptable, yes, but most script kiddies in the world decrypt shit by downloading programs like this).

I think rather than making encryption programs, (or at least as well as) a cool program to create would be one that changes:

• The game icon
  • The name of the rgssad
  • The name of the rgss dll (this is easy enough but would be cool to include)
  • The name of any folders, such as naming Graphics/ something random making it a BIT harder to crack)

This won't stop people cracking open your games, but will stumble the average joe. My thoughts are that anyone who goes through excessive trouble to crack your game is not as likely to be doing it to steal resources as someone who uses a free downloadable program.

Ok there is an update to the test game, the test game #2 should be able to stop rgssad2 extraction by preventing script injection and other medling. The game is called the Anti RGSSAD2 EXTRACTOR test,
here is a link to the new test game
http://www.mediafire.com/?jzzmjyykzkz
please test it out and try and get the hidden message, it is a custom graphic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.