Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

New RpgVX Encryption Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a test of the new encryption program. There is a new Encryption for RPGVX. The regular encryption for RpgVX is not very good at all. You may not know this, but it is very easy for anyone to decrypt your game and steal all of your custom resoucres. This New Super Encryption will allow everyone to properly protect their rpgvx game resources without them being stolen. This protection will 100% protect your game from any decryptor that is out right now. Also what makes this new Encrytion SUPER, is that there is no possible way to decrypt it by any method. The program is super easy to use. It is a simple new exe program, and all you have to do is double click to run it, and you are all set. No special knowlede of hex editors needed.If successful, everyone will be able to use this protection method for their own games and I will post a link to where you can find the program to use..
Here is a link for the Test Game download, useing the NEW super encrytion
http://www.mediafire.com/?mwk4gm1yymo

This test will go on for hmmmmm, idk 1 month. That sounds good. Maybe 2. Or unless someone is able to decrypt this game before than. I seriously doubt that someone will be able to decrypt the test game I uploaded. After 1 month I will release the Super Encryption Program.If anyone can decrypt this game I titled SUPER ENCRYPTION,send me a PM with the secrect phrase that I have included in th game.

First off, there is no point to decrypting something so that it can't be decrypted. Specifically, if it can't be decrypted, a computer cannot run it, as the computer cannot process encrypted code without an appropriate decryption method. Second, I seriously doubt that it's been encrypted so well nobody can find the secret phrase. By the way, did you bother to protect against someone reading active memory to find the phrase? I ask because, chances are that you didn't, which means someone with the right tools can simply look up the active memory for the program and tell you the phrase, or, even worse, cheat in the game. (RMXP and RMVX included some rather intriguing tactics to prevent memory reading and editing, and I'm guessing that if you rewrote some of the stuff, those tactics may have been lost)

First off glitchfinder, is that if you bothered downloading my test game, you would know that the game still runs perfectly fine and normal, so obviously you didnt bother. The point of trying to decrypt this game is to test out the strenght of the new protection method. That is the point of decryting something. If you havent decrypted the game, than you dont know that it cant be decrypted. Instead of making theories up on how you think you can get the secret message, why dont you try and getting the secret message yourself? This active memory you are talking about, it will not work. Plain and simple. The secret message is written onto a graphic file to simulate a custom graphics resource that someone doesnt want someone else to steal. So the only way of reading the message is to decrypt the game,and open up the graphic file with photoshop and physical read the message yourself with your eyeballs. No memory readers are of no help what so ever. There is no way of decrypting this. thanks anyways for trying :) or NOT trying. lol This program is to help people protect their games and is a good thing. So you should be happy that someone has went threw the trouble of making a new protection system for people to use.

Mr Encrypto":2ty5udm2 said:
First off glitchfinder, is that if you bothered downloading my test game, you would know that the game still runs perfectly fine and normal, so obviously you didnt bother. The point of trying to decrypt this game is to test out the strenght of the new protection method. That is the point of decryting something. If you havent decrypted the game, than you dont know that it cant be decrypted. Instead of making theories up on how you think you can get the secret message, why dont you try and getting the secret message yourself? This active memory you are talking about, it will not work. Plain and simple. The secret message is written onto a graphic file to simulate a custom graphics resource that someone doesnt want to steal. So the only way of reading the message is to decrypt the game,and open up the graphic file with photoshop and physical read the message yourself with your eyeballs. No memory readers are of no help what so ever. There is no way of decrypting this. thanks anyways for trying :) or NOT trying. lol This program is to help people protect their games and is a good thing. So you should be happy that someone has went threw the trouble of making a new protection system for people to use.

My first comment was not to say that it did not work, it was merely to say that, if you had in fact made it impossible to decrypt, it would also be impossible to run. The reason I didn't bother trying to decrypt this is because working with hex editors and ASM tend to gives me a headache, which is why I quit ROM hacking in favor of programming. I'm not trying to say this doesn't work, and I could care less about decrypting it. All I was trying to point out is that your first post included several computer and programming impossibilities, and thought you might want to know them, so you can edit your post. As I said, a computer cannot possibly run something that can't be decrypted, since the computer cannot run encrypted code, only open code. Even with current video games, encrypted data must be decrypted before being used, allowing at least a tiny window where you can capture and read that data.

I was not making any kind of personal attack, and I was not saying this was a failure or a success. If you took that from what I said, all I have to say is that you need to learn to stop reading between the lines when there is nothing to read between the lines. I do not write novels, nor do I plan on writing novels. Instead, I prefer making simple, self-evident statements with as little in the way of suggestion or innuendo as possible.

Well when I say that it is 100% effective against any current decryptors that are out there right now, that is exactly what I was trying to say. That any decryptors that exist today cannot decrypt this game. So someone must create a new decryptor program to decrypt the game, hence my statement is true so far. When I said that there is no possible way to decrypt it by any method, that statement is also what I meant to say. That there is no possible way to decrypt the game. So until this game is decrypted, there is no possible way to decrypt it by any method, because that method does not exist "yet". So both of my statements are true, and modifying my post is unnecessary.

We can play logic games all you want, buts what really illogical is why do you keep coming back a topic that you care none interest about. when you said that you could care less about decrypting it, than you are in the wrong place and topic. This topic is about testing the new RpgVX protection, so if you are not testing this method and could care less about testing the protection, then maybe someone else’s topic would be more suited for you. Your logic is flawed and maybe your post need some modifying. Thanks

Mr Encrypto":2it6ah6f said:
Well when I say that it is 100% effective against any current decryptors that are out there right now, that is exactly what I was trying to say. That any decryptors that exist today cannot decrypt this game. So someone must create a new decryptor program to decrypt the game, hence my statement is true so far. When I said that there is no possible way to decrypt it by any method, that statement is also what I meant to say. That there is no possible way to decrypt the game. So until this game is decrypted, there is no possible way to decrypt it by any method, because that method does not exist "yet". So both of my statements are true, and modifying my post is unnecessary.

We can play logic games all you want, buts what really illogical is why do you keep coming back a topic that you care none interest about. when you said that you could care less about decrypting it, than you are in the wrong place and topic. This topic is about testing the new RpgVX protection, so if you are not testing this method and could care less about testing the protection, then maybe someone else’s topic would be more suited for you. Your logic is flawed and maybe your post need some modifying. Thanks

You just don't get it, do you? A computer cannot possibly run encrypted code. Before the computer can run this project, it has to decrypt the .rgss2a file. Otherwise, it would crash, because the computer would be trying to process code that, to the computer, appears as random gibberish. So, when you say that it is impossible to decrypt something, you are telling an outright lie. On the other hand, saying that there are no RMVX decrypters that can decrypt this project would not be a lie.

By the way, I have to admit that you actually did some nice work in making a "magic key" that crashes vgvgf's decrypter on the second byte of any .rgss2a or .rgssad file, because it forces it to misread the header. And I'm not certain, but it appears you changed something else, since the key simply results in the same error you get with the wrong key, once the crashing is over and done with.

But yeah. The fact that you assume that something is impossible to decrypt is downright laughable, especially since you also claim the computer can run it, and considering the fact that every type of encryption can be broken, given enough time, processing power, and creative insight.

Ok Glitchfinder , yes I agree when you say that the computer has to decrypt the game in order to run it. But no Human can decrypt this game and steal peoples resoucres is what im trying to say. But the computer decryting the game serves no purpose for someone that is trying to steal someones custom graphic resources.
Btw, i cannot take credit for makeing this extra encryption method. I was the person who asked the creator of this program to make it for me,and i was the one who pointed out the weakness of RpgVX default encryption to him, and he has allowed me to test the program here.

I still couldn't decrypt the Game.rgss2a file. However, your dll is still susceptible to my RGSS2A Extractor. Only some modifications in your modified dll and game resources extracted. I couldn't get your hidden phrase image with my extractor, as I don't know its path direction, but all other resources were extracted.

Yes maybe you extracted the default rtp that I included in the game, but the only files I really want to protect are the custom graphic file. Since you cannot extract it, than I have succfully protected the custom graphics. :) Imagine if someone used 100% custom graphics instead of just the 1 file that I am using. Than all of those custom graphics would also be protected.

Mr Encrypto, all files used in game can be extracted with my RGSS2A Extractor. It only can't if you don't use that graphic in game, as it only needs the path to that resource for extrating it. So, why would you have 100% custom graphics in your game without using them?

So your saying you would be able to extract somones customs graphics if you knew the patch name? What do youmean, like name of the graphics file? But you would need to know each and every name of that persons custim graphics to extract them. How will you find out the names of those files? Here, I will make another test game and up load it here later today, it will contain no deafult rtp graphics at all, and sumulate a game where someone used all their own customs graphics, this should make things more clear.

My RGSS2A Extractor first extracts all database, maps and scripts files. Then it looks all the graphics files they use, like actors graphic file, icons of skills, tilesets, graphics of event, and so on; and it gets lots of the graphics paths from there. It also looks for strings in the database, as some graphics can be load from there. The only problem is when a graphic is not used, or its path is generated dynamicaly with the scripts, however I have an option for extracting graphics as the game runs, so it's able to extract all used resources while playing, but that may take some time.

I just tryed out your RGSS2A Extractor and it doesnt allow me to extract the graphics and just generate a log file with nothing written in it., are you using your extractor another way that I dont know of? As for your other method of, however I have an option for extracting graphics as the game runs, so it's able to extract all used resources while playing, but that may take some time.
This sounds intesting, are you able to do this for games not of rgp maker? I would be highly interest in that. But couldnt I just screeny the imgages of a game, and get them that way, both are ways of obtaining someone graphics, and there will be are no ways of preventing that Ever. So I cannot concern myself about something that is impossible to prevent.

As for the Super Encryption, since you were unable to actuly decrypt the encrypted archive, and give me the secret message, I guess that I was correct in saying that this game cannot be decrypted.

As for the future, I will try and find a way so that you cannot run around the super encryption, and grab those rtp files. :)

Jason

Awesome Bro

Hmm, it's not too bad, although I do have some suggestions...

can i ask why you asked for your IxionVi2 account to be deleted then sign up 2days later with this account?

The path is "Graphics/Faces/protection.png". Now vgvgf can use his method to load this image and save it. I decided to make this public instead of writing you a PM because of all the posts here (especially yours). In addition to the question of the admin I want to know who extended the encryption. Was it this chinese guy who wrote the first decrypter or someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.