Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

New Particle Engine

arev

Sponsor

I don't understand you. Th particles have their own graphics, not related to events, if that's what you meant...
And for the weather effects - I don't know, try it :)

ohh... ok so i think a leaf effekt whouldn't be a big problem, whould it?
for my weather i need a visual engine.

PS: your item menu. can i use this for my diablo syle windows?

As impressive as it its, my only gripe with the script is the lack of user friendliness. Some people will just ignore it and not be bothered with the script because of the way it has to be set up in-game

arev

Sponsor

Actually, Twilight, I think it's as much user-friendly as the ones before. Some built in effects are rather easy to set up, but making new ones looks almost the same. Things I did in the events to make those nicer effects don't have much to do with the script itself :)

Fantastic stuff, this solves a few animation problems I was having :)

Out of curiosity, is it/will it be possible to have the sprite x/y zoom change over time as well as acceleration etc?

Questions:
- can you make temporary effects?

i need a blood effect (ala Vampires Drawn II) and breath (for cold areas and poison and fire for monsters)

arev

Sponsor

hanmac, you really need to bo more specific :> If you want the effeck cast once, or for a period of time, you simply turn the event on for that time.

fortysixand2, most of the tricks woth scceleration can be done in corelation with gravity values. I don't plan on adding another parameter to it. The zoom feature is quite interesting however. I'll test it against lags and if it's ok, put it in the script :)

EDIT: Okay, I'm an Idiot, I posted something about an Error, and I realized that I never specified where the particle was supposed to be at. xDD

But anyway, AMAZING particle system :P. But, how do you use the 'explosion' particle? I don't see it in your list of keywords.

arev

Sponsor

hanmac, get a translator, man, I have no idea what you're trying to say :/

Innocence, Eduardo, so is there still any problem? :D

arev

Sponsor

Ok :)
hanmac, yo'd need to describe those effects better. I've never played that game. Also, it'd be good if you'd provide some graphics (unless you want that made with what's already in the set).

the blood:
When you attack an enemy random blood graphics will appear around him, like there is a circle around him that reaches two squares only and the blood will appear in that.
i hope you understand.
1. a splash of blood
2. blood on the ground that disappair

breath:
- Ice breath for could areas: blue-white points out of the NPC mouth
or green for poison and red-orange-yellow for fire.

i think you can image something great stuff (with fluff ^^) *little joke*

i dont event know how you dare making something like this ..:p

its Wonderful,
but um.. i'd really like to try other particle movement by myself,
and since i'm not a scripter, i can't get the point of commands..':|

Could you, please, post a little tutorial (with math demonstration..)
to make the movements..? :please:

the one of the mage for example.

oh, and one more thing about that....
i couldn't see what you did to assign the keys.. (A and S)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.