Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Multiple Language VX

Yeah, that's because I have the passive windows update on input, not always, to save some memory. If you want to get it running with whatever Mouse script you use, replace this snippet of my script...
Code:
  def update
    @command_window.update
    if Input.press?(Input::UP) or Input.press?(Input::DOWN)
      Language.set_value(@command_window.index)
      @header_window.refresh; @version_window.refresh
    end
    if Input.trigger?(Input::C)
      $scene = nil
    end
  end
...to this...
Code:
  def update
    @command_window.update
    Language.set_value(@command_window.index)
    @header_window.refresh; @version_window.refresh
    if Input.trigger?(Input::C)
      $scene = nil
    end
  end
This is not recommended, though, and you should monitor your FPS while in that scene (press F2 to show them in the title bar). If you notice a serious slowdown on a mid-class machine, you might consider using a method involving the Mouse script itself.

WTF?! ITS AT 4FPS!!! OMYGAWD!!
Ok... i will keep it as it "was" O.o

(im using a notebook to make the game)

Actualy Im just a newbie in RGSS(1 and 2), so I will just take this and left aside

Jaemin

So I am trying to make my game using korean 안녕하세요! but when I edit the text it works in english, but in korean it just shows little boxes, how do I fix this? whats going on? I am saving the .txt file in UTF-8 format, but it is not working.

Make sure you're using a font supporting Korean letters, as the default font by RMVX isn't, as far as I know or expect. You might try the default Windows fontfaces (Arial, Verdana, ...), but you surely know some specific Korean fontfaces (I don't know about any, but those usually are preinstalled with foreign language PCs, such as MS Gothic for Japanese PCs... which might also work for Korean).
General information piece: Fontfaces can only contain so many letters (precisely 65536), so you can't possibly put all characters there are in one font. Therefore, fonts are individually designed for their respective countries. That doesn't mean there's different versions of Arial over here and in Asian countries, but there are several font faces designed to handle specific letter systems and alphabets, therefore better used for such purposes.

If that doesn't work... I'm afraid I can't help ya. UTF-8 should be capeable of saving those characters, so the problem might be in RMVXs' internal engine.

As far as I know, non-Latin alphabet systems should be completely supported, as RMVX should do nothing else than using the fontfaces you use, aka using a different (and fully working) fontface should be fine. However, I might of course be mistaken with that, and Enterbrain was like "Yeah, let's make our own font interpretation engine!!!" for fuck's sake.
Either way, I can see you're using RMVX's default message system here, not mines, so I wonder what you mean with "encoding", as you can't define an encoding format within RMVX, only if you read the messages text from a txt file.

For future reports of problems with non-Latin languages, please include a sample text of the language in non-image form, aka written text. That way, I can try it out myself and be more specific in my replies. I also own several professional font packages, making me able to test more than the average Windows default fonts user can.

@Jaemin: Look for the font 'Gulim', which should support all the characters you need.

Jaemin

Thanks so much for the information I know have it working exactly like I wanted it to.  :straightthumb:

I just added to main 

Font.default_name = "Malgun Gothic"

Then I saved my .txt in Malgun Gothic font, at first it didn't work because the script was set to hangul (the korean alphabet), but then I changed it to western and now I have Korean and English side by side. Korean is the second language I am learning so I wanted the characters in the game to speak both Korean and/or English. Thanks everyone  :smile:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.