Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Multiple actions

Guys, i now that's boring ask all time for new scripts, since you all have a lot of other things to do. However, until i understand how to script i'll have to do this. If you can do it, thanks, if you can't, no problem at all.

I'm asking a way (through script of course) for my enemies have multiple actions. Like cast 2 or more spells or make 2 or more attacks in their turn. I'm making this for my bosses. I've tried tod do it through events in database of rpg maker, but when i force an action i must define it, besides the monster always uses this "new" action first, ignoring the fastest hero or other monster. Resuming:

1 - Create a script that make possible for enemies and heroes have multiple actions.

2 - Their new actions must be random or pre-defined, at user's choice.

3 - The new action doesn't ignores the speed of other battlers. So, if arshes is the first one he will still act first.

4 - Must be compatible with SDK, Method and Library, RSC and Dervvulfman's Animated battlers (no need to be compatible with RTAB, since i'm not using it).

Thanks.

Have you played chrono trigger? If you did, you may remember that any boss usually attacks 2 times or cast a spell 2 times. Do you remember Lavos ultimate form? Where his central part casts 2 rays or a "doom" spell (i don't remember it's name).
If you didn't, my idea is for any character to be able to act more than one time. It could be sequencially or by parts. Ex: Boss 1 could cast 2 spells, one after another or he could cast 1 spell, then the heroes acts and finally he cast the second spell.
The first problem that i thought was relative to battle systems. But, since this "multiple actions" can be a status, i guess it will compatible with everything.
Ah, it must be compatible with SDK 2.2.
Thanks.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.