Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Move Blitz/Input window - simple

Hello. So I have been working with the Blitz system in my game, for the past few days I've been trying several things to move the window.
I've figured out what parameters change the windows such as height, width, and etc. I can change how big the window is, the opacity, how high it is, however I cannot move it further to the right, which I want.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure even less-seasoned scripters can figure this out, as my deductive reasoning and html coding skills just wont cut this debugging.

Code:
#==============================================================================
# â–  Tactical Skills Ver.1.4.0          by Claimh
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Skill is made to move with command input.
# When it fails in command input, power decrease (& animation change)

module TacticalSkill
# â–¡ Customizing START
  # Keys
  A = Input::A            # Keyboard:Z
  B = Input::B            # Keyboard:X
  C = Input::C            # Keyboard:C
  X = Input::X            # Keyboard:A
  Y = Input::Y            # Keyboard:S
  Z = Input::Z            # Keyboard:D
  L = Input::L            # Keyboard:Q
  R = Input::R            # Keyboard:W
  UP = Input::UP
  DOWN = Input::DOWN
  LEFT = Input::LEFT
  RIGHT = Input::RIGHT

# Time to input a key
  KEY_SEC = 1.0

# Graphics/Windowskins
  T_BAR_NAME = "bar"

# キータイプを切り替ã

khmp

Sponsor

You can change them two places. Inside the window or inside Scene_Battle.

If you want to change the window positions from inside the window. Add the following lines to the bottom of the initialize before the refresh method call of both window classes which are found at the bottom of the code.

self.x = x # Where x is the pixel coordinate of the screen you would want the window to be.
self.y = y # Where y is the pixel coordinate of the screen you would want the window to be.

Example:
Code:
#!DO NOT JUST COPY THIS CODE SNIPPET. IT WILL CRASH!
class Window_KeyCounter < Window_Base
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # â—

I see I see. I don't want to mess with the games default scripts so I want to just change what's in the blitz script.

It seems my deductions were right. Just like from my experiments the y alignment will change through your method, however x won't change through that either. Something is locking them in place. Is it by chance in Scene_Battle? I didn't have to change anything in there after installing the blitz script.

khmp

Sponsor

seita":20i35wjw said:
I see I see. I don't want to mess with the games default scripts so I want to just change what's in the blitz script.

It seems my deductions were right. Just like from my experiments the y alignment will change through your method, however x won't change through that either. Something is locking them in place. Is it by chance in Scene_Battle? I didn't have to change anything in there after installing the blitz script.

You are indeed right. I should have read the code a little better. There is a line a little further down:
Code:
window_keycount.x = window_counter.x = actor_x
Comment it out or remove it.

If you want it smaller, there's a place to specify the bar width in the script, I think.

If you want it bigger, edit the "bar" picture and make it bigger. Then in the script, specify the bar width.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.