Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[Mini] Multiple Battle Systems

This tidbit allows you to use multiple battle systems, while still being able to use the event call.

Instructions - IMPORTANT

Right. First of all you need more than one battle system. First, take the first battle system you are using. Change:

class Scene_Battle

to read

class Scene_Battle1

Now take the second battle system you are using. Change:

class Scene_Battle

to read

class Scene_Battle2

Do you see where this is going? Repeat for all further battle systems.

Remember that the default battle system has four Scene_Battle scripts, each must be changed in this way (to all read Scene_Battle1).

Change variable_id = 1 to whatever game variable you want to use (i.e. variable_id = 56).

Now. For every additional battle system, copy and paste this part:

when 1
$scene = Scene_Battle1.new

Changing the 1 in when 1 and Scene_Battle1 to be the next number along.

Simply do:

@> Variable 

So yeah, problem I'm seeing with this is that you can easily encounter problems using non-completely aliased battlesystems. For most battle replacements out there, the author can normally assume that the script he/she's doing will be the only one used, and therefore can be overwriting everything. Well, in addition, if you insert two new battlesystems, they might as well clash, even if they're aliased, because it's not too unlikely that two battlesystems use the same method names.

Dark side being handled, I gotta say this isn't too bad of an idea... I never thought of pluggin two different battlesystems in one project (and yeah, I feel kinda stupid I didn't, because it seems like an obvious solution to me now XD), and the execution is nice and simple, even if it might need some tweaking of the battle scripts beforehand. Keep up the good work... even if it's simple ^^

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.