Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Map Zoom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mars

I did both... I changed the digits in the tilemap class... That didn't resize the player. (and all that other stuff.) And the zoom, had no problems if it was the tilemap class.... When do you think that the tilemap class could be fixed?

I think this would be awesome for maze like dungeons..

I don't know, as it's SephirothSpawn who did it...
Well... You should use my zoom feature correctly(for example using the zoom command in scene map)...to resize everything, as it's not doing it in the tilemap class which will make it to work...

If not everything is resized, i think that's why you have problems with collisions...( as the collisions are supposed to be somewhere which changed)

Kraft

Sponsor

I have a question...
I have not tried this, as I am not a very good scripter, but...

Is it possible to zoom the map out instead of in?
I think that would be very useful for things like a world map, or just anything.

Thanks!

would it be possible to have the zoom scroll as it zooms in or out?

btw, this is the best script ive ever seen, and ive seen everything.
only problem is that is doesnt work on big big maps.

what do you mean by scroll?
the current script zooms in a progressive way if it's what you wanna know.

yeah... pretty obvious for big big map with a ruby tilemap class instead of C.

by scroll, I mean this...

When you're zoomed in, and then want to zoom out, it zooms out from the X and Y position. By scrolling, it would not teleport to the X and Y position, followed by zooming out, but it would move to the X and Y position slowly, and when it reaches the X and Y position, the zoom out is complete.

Or vice versa.

For example, lets say there is a car in your game moving fast, and you want to zoom in on this car as it moves.

xD ... whaaaaaattt?
if you don't find the script understable... i can't help you... the instructions are really simple( there are only 2), and the demo is here to explain...

I keep getting a wierd "cannot iterate from float" on line 428 of the Tilemap script when I use this script. I get a wierd "divide by 0" error when I use the scripts from the demo... What happened??
(EDIT: Fixed. I tried the new script in first post. It fixed the problem nicely. Superb script, but the layers don't heve correct passability when zoomed in\out!)

Well try later... then but it works fine with me... try it to paste the link into another browser... I don't know.
someone tells me it's maybe due to site maintenance... which is weird cause would mean that i wouldn't be able to use it as well.

but the exe is here, it works, i just check it, and when i click on the link, i can download it...

It's an awesome script. Wish it was a self dependant script though and not require the sdk because it conflicts with my modified main which skips the title screen right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.