Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Map Zoom

Status
Not open for further replies.
how would one call and uncall seph's tilemap sdk rewrite? I just want to zoom in on one map but I don't know how to call it.

Code edited as v1.1, in order to make it work with the lastest tilemap class version. see fist post.

Demo, really soon( some hours)

EDIT!
The demo is here! check the first post!

CERU

For some reason the script works perfectly in the demo, but it doesn't work when I put it in my game. It has a problem with the final "end" wtf.

This is so frustrating!

Edit: It says "No method error occured during this script.

Unidentified method 'zoom' for # <Scene_Title:0x1557218>"

Help!

Ceru, you got this error because... there is no method zoom for scene_title...
as it's not a map...
The zoom method is defined in the Scene_Map class... so it obviously can't work in Scene_Title.

And weird about your 'end' error.

CERU

I found out that the problem was that I was using it in a parallel process directly after you start a new game. It works fine now.

I copied and paste all the SDK Things to my Project ( SDK Part 1-4, Patch and Bugfix ).. but the Error is still there...

well I can't really help you then...
Did you try by copying the SDK provided in the demo? ( normally the lastest one...)
And does the demo work for you?

Mars

Yeah I love the script... But I tried doing what ou said to make it permanent, but that messed the game up beyond control, (Not allowing player to walk on crtain spaces[seemingly random spaces] not resizing the player, walking on top of trees, and so on).

And even after, I tried using zoom, but it still had nearly the same problems... What do you think is wrong?

Hum for walking on top of trees or other objects, it's because of the rewritten Tilemap Class.
For the other... that's pretty weird...
So basically you tried to put a zoom in at the beginning of your game, and then let it like that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.