Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Limit Breaker for Levels, Hp, Sp, Money for XP-help please

Does anyone have a good non-bug limit breaker for levels, hp, sp, money, ect for XP? I really need one bad for my game.

Thanks in advance.

Considering the fact that I'm pretty sure that nobody wants to set all 6 stats for all 500 levels for however many characters you have (8 by default), I've gone into correspondence with one of my math teachers from high school to figure out what formula the program uses to determine stats. I'll keep you posted. (Did you really want to input at least 24,000 seperate numbers into the script? I think that would be a bit extreme. Although, When I finish, I think I'll leave the option open, in case anyone is crazy enough to want to try it. And I'm not even counting the preset numbers of each stat for each enemy. That is actually another 320 numbers for the default enemies. I imagine that will actually be much higher in your project)

I wouldn't actually mind using this. If you do happen to read this post, again, mind making it? Just make it so the user him/herself can deinfe what the numbers will be.

Example 1: I choose Max. Level 120 and Min. Level 0.
Example 2: I then want to make the EXP needed for Level 0 -1 be 10, than from there, Level 1 - 2 be 20 EXP, Level 2 - 3 be 40 EXP etc etc. Defined by the user of the script, along with the Max. HP and Min. HP, using Example 1.

I don't know if this is called Taking over a topic or whatever, but sorry if I am.

Edit: For RPG Maker XP and if possible RPG Maker VX.

wern25":4swho38s said:
I wouldn't actually mind using this. If you do happen to read this post, again, mind making it? Just make it so the user him/herself can deinfe what the numbers will be.

Example 1: I choose Max. Level 120 and Min. Level 0.
Example 2: I then want to make the EXP needed for Level 0 -1 be 10, than from there, Level 1 - 2 be 20 EXP, Level 2 - 3 be 40 EXP etc etc. Defined by the user of the script, along with the Max. HP and Min. HP, using Example 1.

I don't know if this is called Taking over a topic or whatever, but sorry if I am.

Edit: For RPG Maker XP and if possible RPG Maker VX.

I'm still going to do this, but I'm going to wait until a math professor I'm corresponding with can help me figure out what formulas the program uses to generate stat curves. Otherwise, it would be a pain to add every single stat, level by level, until it is done. Think about it this way: 8 actors * 120 levels * 4 stats = 5760 numbers you'll have to input. Formulas make everything easier.

You WILL add the option to let the USER decide what numbers they're gonna be for EVERY level right, along with the stat curve thing? If they decide to use it?

Because I already got all the numbers down for my characters... All you have to do is add them in arrays or whatever like 9i in whatever, so...

I just wanna do this myself(I like the idea, killing my time I don't need)

wern25":2y7nkutf said:
You WILL add the option to let the USER decide what numbers they're gonna be for EVERY level right, along with the stat curve thing? If they decide to use it?

Because I already got all the numbers down for my characters... All you have to do is add them in arrays or whatever like 9i in whatever, so...

I just wanna do this myself(I like the idea, killing my time I don't need)

I will add that option, seeing as you can do the same in the dafault stat system.

I'm not sure if this will help you Glitchfinder, but I think Poccil wrote this very small script for someone in the script requests long ago. It's for breaking the limits of enemies to basically any number you can think of.

Code:
class RPG::Enemy
  ENEMYLIMITBREAK={
#   EnemyID=>[MaxHP,MaxSP,Str,Dex,Agi,Int,Atk,Pdef,Mdef,Eva]
   1=>[200,50,15,15,15,15,15,1,12,7],
   300=>[100000000,1000000,65535,65535,65535,65535,65535,65535,65535,65535]
  }
  %w[
      maxhp maxsp str dex agi int atk pdef mdef eva
  ].each_with_index do |s, i|
      eval <<-__END__
        def #{s}
          ENEMYLIMITBREAK[@id] ? ENEMYLIMITBREAK[@id][#{i}] : @#{s}
        end
      __END__
  end
end

It's pretty self explanatory and really fun to use! Credit to Poccil.
-Krobe

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.