Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Keyboard-Controlled Name Input Script

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for necroposting, but I really need help. I am using your script and I got it to run with Blizz-ABS (it has keyboard input too) but I am getting an odd error at the name input. I cannot use any keys to type in the name O-o! I tried backspacing it but it didn't work. I am wondering what is causing this error and I think it is Blizzard's ABS Input Module. Has anyone else experienced this error, or Bluescope do you recall this error? I need some help please...

EDIT: I remember for more info. Also if I put my script below Blizzard's ABS my Blizz-ABS Keyboard Module reverts to Enter = Accept and Esc = Cancel. If I put it below I can use W,A,S,D as movement. But my E = Accept and Q = Cancel stops. Definitally compatibility. Crap, and I liked this script too -.-...

i am asking you this because well i have no idea what to do

ok after a name input how do you make your charater's name in the text?

for me yours won't work beceause when i try name input i see your name in put thing for 1 second then it says  some thing trigger (around some thing like that) help this is the frist sprict i am using for any game but it won't wwork????

kdb424

You rock. No problems here, and I'm horrible at anything with scripts. Definitely using this. Credit all goes to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.