Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

How to distribute your game without the RTP

@Plauge: Will you help me publish my game?:) And maybe learn so I can do it myself next time, promgram etc.

Plz PM me the distribution link then :)

Plague180":o68oxe2o said:
@9robin3: working on that right now :)

Thank you so much!! :)

But can you tell me one thing I dont get: You will upload the game compressed game, right? Will the game be opened with the help pf the installer when they download?

they will install it like any other program, and it will run without the rtp like brew tried to show you how to do. no work on their part at all(besides installing, so like 4 clicks)

its done, i have slow internet so its taking a while to upload

@Plauge: Thank You so much!! But what of this 'RGSS102E.dll". I haven't put it into the project folder, as I dont know where it
is. But is that nessecary?

EDIT: Thank You very much!! :) it worked! Can you tell me which program you used to make an installer of it? So I can do it to my games in future myself^^

Yet, there is still one problem, how did the 'instructions' appear in the project folder? I cannot post that, because that is where I keep my script! Too bad, I did'nt have it within the project folder! How did it end up there?

You didn't read the tutorial, did you?

The first 2 paragraphs explain that EVERYTHING in your project folder gets compressed / distributed with your game...

Development files that should not be distributed should be in a higher level folder.

And yes, you did have 2 instruction docs (Instructions.doc, TSK Instructions.doc) as well as a .tmp, 4 save files, a Thumbs.db, and a (backup?) TSK Demo_BK.rxproj
as well as a Artwork folder. I assume none of this should be distributed with the game.

The tutorial also explains that the rgss dll is in “C:\WINDOWS\system32\RGSS102E.dll”

you didnt say what you what you wanted/didnt want so i put everything you sent me into installer. i just used my rgss102e.dll. the program i used is inno setup, i can send you the setup file, but you are gonna have a lot to learn how to use it. if you tell me what you do want in installer, ill change it up real quick.

p.s. brew is right i installed it in system32

Plague180":199c4v8i said:
you didnt say what you what you wanted/didnt want so i put everything you sent me into installer. i just used my rgss102e.dll. the program i used is inno setup, i can send you the setup file, but you are gonna have a lot to learn how to use it. if you tell me what you do want in installer, ill change it up real quick.
p.s. brew is right i installed it in system32

Ok, this was my fault, could you maybe delete the things I DO NOT want to be published? I woul be grateful:)

Things I don't want to be published:
TSK_Info (Or was it named instructions, anyway: The doc file with SCRIPT IDEAS in it! Look for yourself!)

The rest I wan to publish, and the rest is:
-Artwork
-Instructions
-The Game

/Thank You!

Plague180":6vldyl2w said:
here you go: Download setup.exe let me know if that is better

I am going to ask you for of another favour, Plauge! I am sorry, but the savefiles wasn't deleted when uploading this game. Can you please delete the SAVEFILES and re-upload the game? delete all obvious unessecary files! Also, can you write a note the installer (Where you puted 'i would write my licence here') and write "This will install Tree Soul Kingdom".

After all this I can do something for you in return if u want! :)

@9robin3: im at work but i can do that when i get off, you dont have to do anything for me, there is currently nothing i need, well besides a good artist, but ive pretty much given up on that

@Plauge180: ok, but thank you anyway. Also I din't tell you to remove the savefiles, so ofocurse they where in the downloadable file as well. :) thank you if you can remove the savefiles!

@Plauge: You haven't deleted the instructions I told you to DELETE before.Im beginning to get dissapointed (no offence!) That is where I keep my script, remember?

Also why don't you rename the setup.exe to 'Tree Soul Kingdom.exe' or 'Tree Soul Kingdom Installer.exe' the next time? Would be great. Also the licence text: as I said, delete it fully, insthead of putting 'if you had a licence, I'd put it here'. Just take away that, looks silly.

So please upload again, and read this TWICE so you don't miss anything once again! It is very important, so you don't need to upload 300 more times ok? :)

NO INSTRUCTIONS

And name it to 'Tree Soul Kingdom Installer.exe' as before! And take away the savefiles (again) as well, if that isn't obvious!

Remember to take your time, never stress!!

And good luck! :)

lol i just worked a 16 hour shift was rushing to get to bed, ill fix stated mistakes, and give you the setup file.

i fixed my mistakes, as for renaming its not like it takes you anymore time then me to rename a file. and there wont be 300 more uploads. ill let you learn :)

here is setup file: download Help.iss
here is the new installer: Download setup.exe

the program you need to work with this file is inno setup, its free. the first thing you wanna do is change all the paths to the ones on your computer, then add/remove files u want. then compile and test.

enjoy

Are you saying that I should do it myself now, or is it okay if I use your link to publish? It's my game after all! :)

EDIT: I guess I have to take what you give me, I didn't knwo that Inno was THAT hard to understand. A lot to learn. Anyway, the new upload is perfect! EVen the licence text souns better:)

I am going to post that link on my GAME TOPIC: Thank You very much and finnaly my new demo is playable^^

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.