Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Having MP function the same as Wild ARM's FP...

If anyone's familiar to Wild ARMs, then you'll most likely know what I mean... :]

What I'm wanting is a script that is just like Wild ARM's battle system, in which the amount of current MP a player will have outside and in battle is equivalent to their level. For example:

Hero
Level: 16
MP: 16/100

Hero
Level: 34
MP: 34/100

Of course, the amount of current MP can increase during battle by attacking, being attacked, evading, and through items; but once the battle is over the current MP resets back to the player's level. The amount of current MP will not decrease during battle either, with the exception of certain skills. Also, once MP reaches 100, all abnormal states are removed from the player! :D

I would appreciate it very much, and hopefully I explained what I wanted very well. :] Thanks! <3

I think you can set this through a common event. Just make a variable for each actor's level and have it increase MP by 1 each time it goes up (ie, they level). Then, either another one or in the same one, have it keep track of another variable that checks, for example, percentage of a player's HP, then whenever it drops to a certain point, have it add more to the mana.

Just a small idea.. not sure if it's really possible, though.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.