Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Forum updates

shadow

Sponsor

Google ads aren't really new to RMXP, we had them when we ran vBulletin. I'm not going to put ads all over the forum so take that out of your head. We might have another one for unregistered users, but registered users will just have the one ad in the top right.

It also helps fill an area of the page which was previously empty, and I don't think it looks that bad. I can hide it for sponsors, if you guys think I should.

I've always wondered: do we get money from Google Ads just for clicking on them, or do we actually have to spend time at the site(s) we're linked to, or do something there? Because if it's from clicking them, we should encourage everyone to just click it atleast once every time they come on. I don't know how many active members there are right now, but I think if everyone did that even just once a day it could mean atleast some revenue. How much is each click worth, like $.002 or something?

shadow

Sponsor

The payment gets lower if the same person is clicking multiple ads. We get paid per IMPRESSION as well, so just viewing the ad on your computer is good too.

Only click ads you have an interest in.

Queue

Sponsor

$t3v0":8j18g31e said:
Well because that's not a sure way to make money. I can guarantee that members paying a monthly fee for advertising would see one month through then stop. Why would they advertise if they can have it in their sigs / other people's sigs, their own project topic for free.

It's one of those ideas that's like "HAI GOODJ IDE\AH!" at first, then a few months down the line it's like "um ... *cough*". I've seen it happen way to often in this community, things like that just never seem to take off.

No offense to your suggestion, it just never seems to work D:

I personally can see it working as an alternative to g-ads. I've seen it work on highly populated sites (Look at DeviantArt or DrunkDuck).

Despain":8j18g31e said:
We're actually going to have a "sponsored content" or something similar on the main page actually, we've been planning it for a while.

If that's the case, awesome.  :thumb:

shadow

Sponsor

We're not going to be selling advertising on the site any time in the near future. The Google ad will do fine for now and is hardly intrusive.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.