Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Final Fantasy 7. chat skin.

this Request is simple, I would like to know if it is possible and if anyone is able to, make a final fantasy 7 script that makes the text/windowskin that of final fantasy 7, and the start menu ff7 style? as the ff6 style one does notwork with the final fantasy 8 triple triad card game, by sephirothspawn.???

Add a new FF7 font (the edit is in main)
begin
# Prepare for transition
$fontface = "Arial"
$fontsize = 24

Graphics.freeze
# Make scene object (title screen)
$scene = Scene_Title.new
# Call main method as long as $scene is effective
while $scene != nil
$scene.main
end
# Fade out
Graphics.transition(20)
rescue Errno::ENOENT
# Supplement Errno::ENOENT exception
# If unable to open file, display message and end
filename = $!.message.sub("No such file or directory - ", "")
print("Unable to find file #{filename}.")
end

Import a new FF7 windowskin

and if you know scripting, move around the Menu boxes to look like FF7:
see in Window_(whatever you are editing now, like item or status)
def initialize(actor)
super(0, 0, 640, 480)
self.contents = Bitmap.new(width - 32, height - 32)
@actor = actor
refresh
In every such window under the initialize method the super refers to window size
the first two numbers are xy coordinates of the upper left corner of the window,
in this case 0,0 or the top left corner of the screen
and the second two are the size of the window,
in this case 640,480 or the sized of the game window
Note: in all cases xy refers to the upper left corner of the window,
the game window is always 640 by 480
and all measurements are in pixels
ALL THIS SCRIPTING WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU HAVE THE LEGAL VERSION OF RMXP

I'd be more detailed but I don't know what the FF7 windows looks like...

Hope it helps :)

the issue with the font is, It either shows up no font even with changed font, or It will not show up to the ppl i give it to when I compile it to test, cuzz they dont have the final fantasy font installed?

i know all that stuff, I went to college for computer repair and software, but what I am saying is, even after its installed it wont show up after i change in this i tried that several days ago before posting this, I was hoping there was a script out there that let you change font and put the font in your game folder, rather then having to mess with all this ^^ but thanks for your help none the less.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.