Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

face.. but having trouble with the eyes.. someone idea's?

That is not how you shade hair or a face when it comes to CG art. you need to practice more. it looks to me like you just did one half of the hair in light orange and the other in a darker orange. that is not hair is shaded. pick a lght source and shade apropriatly.

What problem are you having with the eyes? The actual shape or the inside? Could you please be a little more specific?

Oh and with shading hair like Lonesight said there's more to it than just the light source from above. You have to remember the hair casts shadows on itself too. Like the under part of the hair will naturally be darker (because there are pieces on top). The face also will cast a shadow on the hair as well. Behind the ear and so on.

':| I'm just beginner you know.. and I'm still working on it-_- , but first want the eyes done:( .

the eyes.. that I make are totally crap, dont really know why.. is the actual shape good already, you think? And its more for the inside of it yeah..

btw.. srry for my poor english

Red Wolf said:
but first want the eyes done .

you should work with what you have first and worry about the rest later you do things in step you should spend time with each part and then when you feel that it looks really good you should move on to another part of the piece.

And being a beginner is an excuse. Excuses are lie's we tell our selves to make us not feel bad about our short comings. Don’t hide behind being a beginner. You could invest more time in this and make it look great even if you are a beginner. Don’t use that title as a crutch. Don’t hide behind it. Beginners can still produce good work if they are persistent.

CG stand for Computer Generated Art. Computer-generated art is art created with a computer. The term is usually applied to works created entirely with a computer. It is a subset of digital art.

it's better, but it's too yellow know, the color should stay the same : orange... and try avoiding an intense highlight (using white)...

That looks alot better.
And for the eyes, I suggest shading them a flat colour (like dark blue), then then a circle of light colour inside that (like light blue), then a single black dot bang on in the center. Then Take a white cirular brush and do one single circle of white in the top left corner of the iris (for extra effect, make it overlap the outline a little bit). For women, add a smaller speck of white in the lower right corner of the iris.

Hmmm its looking better, its a an indeed improvement. i think will go find you some tutorials my self so i can show you what i mean, but yea dont give up.

your shading is still not the way its supposed to be but like i said i will edit this in a few with some links

This is a quick tutorial i just found it should give u some guidance

http://www.deviantart.com/download/8001998/

the tutorial i showed you was a cell shading type one. thats the traditional anime style look, but i think your trying to achieve the air brush type digital painting style. i would suggest you do the cell shading one for now while i track you down what your looking for when i get back.

You know once you are able to do other styles you can than find your own. There are basic rules to shading and not following those rules doesn't mean that it's just your "style". Right now that hylight with the yellow is far too strong. It's too much for it. Tone it down a notch. Also you gotta be sure to shad more than just the lines of the hair. Hair shades can be entire clumps not just what's around the lines. You still need to define the shadows of the under part of the hair and the shadow the face casts on the hair.

Red Wolf said:
Update: What do you think?':|
http://www.freewebs.com/rikredwolf/begi ... 0iets2.png[/IMG]http://www.freewebs.com/rikredwolf/begin%20van%20iets3.png[/IMG]

I haven't been here from the start but i'd say that this is an improvement from your first post in this thread.
Although out of the two i'd chose the first pic if you were to ask me. Orange to red blend looks really good. ofcourse only if you were planing to mave a multy colored hair style. Though I See where you are coming from with the eyes. It took me many years to improve my artwork. And I only have one real thing to say about the eyes. Make multyple copies of this pic since it's CG, and just experiment with different eye styles. I'll post some scans from my how to draw books. I hope they will help you. :D

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.