Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

DreaMaker - the best tool for RPG Maker !

Malexos":1ppwau71 said:
Would you consider making this for VX as well?
Yes, there will be a VX version. I created a new format, ".dmk", and I will convert all RM2K / 2K3 / XP / VX files into this format.
I just have to write the code to convert VX files, and it will be ok. ;)

Lazer Kirby":1ppwau71 said:
Hey, you can just copy texts that reach the limit, and then paste it back, then do it again with others...
Of course. But with a 100,000 lines text, how many times will you have to do this ? XD
Yeah, if you have a small game, it's possible. But I was looking for a way to translate really everything.

I really love you, man. You just saved my life extracting my dialogues. This project is awesome. Can't wait to see more of it! ;)

I'm working on release 4.4. I worked more than 350 hours on this version since 3.8. I hope the improvments I made will make you happy. :)
This release, DreaMaker XP Free 4.4, will work only with XP (RM2K3 support will come back, don't worry).

- DMK can detect if you have updated your rxdata maps
- the txt file have a new format (more readable, more securized)
- more than 4 lines dialogs become several dialogs (you can choose the max number)
- dialogs resizer, so your dialogs are not longer than the message window (you can choose Police, Size and Width of the message window)
- "Percentage Maker" option, to have some fun statistics about your game (number of dialogs, size of the maps)
- DMK manages a lot of errors and warnings
- DMK doesn't stop when there is an error, and give you a complete error log

If you want to have an idea how the things have changed since version 3.8, just give a look at this before / after comparaison for the amount of code :

The english version will be made by me. So, it will be engrish. :\
I'm looking for an engrish / english translator, or a french / english translator.

Love":1f8xwcde said:
I really love you, man. You just saved my life extracting my dialogues. This project is awesome. Can't wait to see more of it! ;)
Thank you. :)

@King Kadelfek: I know french pretty well-- I could try to be a French --> English translator :biggrin:
How much do you need translated?

Malexos":k15irk2t said:
@King Kadelfek: I know french pretty well-- I could try to be a French --> English translator :biggrin:
How much do you need translated?
There are 172 lines in the current version.
Still ok ? :wink:

If you need more people wanting a VX version to get it going, I too would love to see it on VX. This is such an amazing project!

Um I get this message (see file) how do I fix this? I'm translating a Japanese rpg game with google translate (aside but had to modify the text by hand because google translate modified the #s.

Would someone please look at my word document and help me?

Thanks my email is aops@live.ca

Hi all !

I would like to announce you that I'm back on DreaMaker !
DreaMaker XP 4.8 have just been released in french. The 4th generation of the software have been made for commercial games, so I didn't release them. But now, the project is free, it's open source, there will be a plugin system soon, etc...

If you can understand french or remember which options to select, here is a link.
DreaMaker XP v4.8
http://www.mediafire.com/?oqryvfhna7r8pny

Here are the new functionnalities of DMK 4.8 :
- 5 times faster than DMK 3.8 for XP projects
- new structure for Dialogues.txt (all messages are independent)
- better character encoding (more languages available)
- RM2K / RM03 compatibilty temporarely removed

DreaMaker XP v4.9 :
- international version

DreaMaker XP 4.10 :
- plugin system

DreaMaker v5 :
- RM2K / RM03 compatibility return

I'm working on the RMVX version too. And I will have a lot of work with RMVXACE I think.
I'm creating a common data format for all versions of RM, so DMK is compatible with all versions. And it will be possible to convert your game from one version to another.

I added all this to the first post, as well as this tutorial made by Senor Kaffee (Michael Herzog) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ex7gFRvZPI

Dentsu

Hi! First of all, I'm really sorry for bringing up an (very) old thread, but I just felt the necessity to thank you for giving us such wonderful tool. Simple and brilliant! As a traslator, I'm really grateful for this amazing soft. Heartly, thanks!

It's probably too late to ask now, but is there any possibility to make DreaMaker compatible with RPGMaker VX | ACE?. I've been searching for a way to extract text files from VX|ACE Japanese games for later translation, to no avail yet. So any information would be heartly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.