Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

DreaMaker - the best tool for RPG Maker !

dreamaker.png

Hello !

I'm King Kadelfek, a french programmer.
I'm here to show you one of my project, DreaMaker.

DreaMaker (DMK) is a software developped for RM2K, RM2K3 and RMXP.
With DMK, you can extract all dialogs from your game.

After, you can edit them on a txt file. You can also use Word to correct mistakes.
You can translate your game, and so on.

And, finally, DMK inserts the string table back into your game.

DMK is working with French, English, German, Italian, Spanish and Finnish (all tested).

The software have two languages, French and English.
Don't worry, I don't made the translation. :p

Trebor777 made the translation, it's grammatical correct English. :)

A screenshot :

DMK-0006.png

There will be a graphical interface soon. :D

DreaMaker version 3.8 (0.4 Mo)

http://www.mediafire.com/?ityyohzjzmn

Installation :
RM2K / RM2K3 : put DreaMaker.exe in your Project folder, with the lmu files.
RMXP : put DreaMaker.exe in your Project folder, with Game.exe

You can edit both Language.txt and DreaMaker.ini to use other languages for DreaMaker. :)

Documentation :
I'm sorry, only french documentation is yet available.

But you just have to follow 1-2-3-4 steps in order to edit your dialogs, it's easy.  :wink:

Some recommendations :

- dialogs does have 4 lines maximum on RM, so on DMK too

- in a choice, don't add or remove a line

- There are 4 steps in DMK.
Don't make step 3 twice. You need to make step 2 before you make step 3 a second time.
Because after step 3, the files have changed, so you need to reextract the dialogs to keep the correspondance between your files and the dialogs files.

DMK has been tested on more than 9,000 maps, so I think now there is no bug anymore.

DMK doesn't edit the dialogs in the Database (not yet).

------------------------------------------

I want to work on other languages such as Russian, but I need russian lmu files.
If you have foreign lmu files, please, give these to me, it will help me.

If DMK is fully compatible with your project (step 1 works), or another project, please give me the name of this project and the number of lmu / rxdata maps you have.

A list of french projects is here :
http://www.rpg-maker.fr/index.php?page=forum&id=8299

No one have trouble using DMK. :)

And, if really, you use DMK for your project, tell it to me.
I will work harder on the soft if there are a lot of people using it.

Sylvanor, the maker who made Aedemphia, the most known french projet, use DMK.

------------------------------------------

I'm working on a lot of project for RM2K3 and RMXP, as a 3D physical-graphical engine, a GUI, and, of course, DreaMaker.
You can make a donation if you like my work :

Make Donation

------------------------

I hope DreaMaker will be useful to you.

------------------------------------------------

Oh, I will not be able to spread DMK in your entire community.
So, if you can give it to people you know in other forums, it will be fine. :)
With the links I give, of course.

Thanks.

PS : I can answer to your questions, in English or French.
But if you post a question in French, make an English translation for other people who read this topic.

I understand English better than I am writing. ;)

------------------------------------------------

News 2011_11_13

I would like to announce you that I'm back on DreaMaker !
DreaMaker XP 4.8 have just been released in french. The 4th generation of the software have been made for commercial games, so I didn't release them. But now, the project is free, it's open source, there will be a plugin system soon, etc...

If you can understand french or remember which options to select, here is a link.
DreaMaker XP v4.8
http://www.mediafire.com/?oqryvfhna7r8pny

Here are the new functionnalities of DMK 4.8 :
- 5 times faster than DMK 3.8 for XP projects
- new structure for Dialogues.txt (all messages are independent)
- better character encoding (more languages available)
- RM2K / RM03 compatibilty temporarely removed

DreaMaker XP v4.9 :
- international version

DreaMaker XP 4.10 :
- plugin system

DreaMaker v5 :
- RM2K / RM03 compatibility return

I'm working on the RMVX version too. And I will have a lot of work with RMVXACE I think.
I'm creating a common data format for all versions of RM, so DMK is compatible with all versions. And it will be possible to convert your game from one version to another.

I added all this to the first post, as well as this tutorial made by Senor Kaffee (Michael Herzog) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ex7gFRvZPI

Do you know how much work you just got rid for me?

Since I will produce my game in german, but thought of making an english version later on, it would have taken forever to translate from RMXP.
This is honestly the best thing that could happen to me.

So the purpose of this program is to extract the commonly used strings from the game's database and put them in one place?

It'll be infinitely more useful once it's able to insert the string table back into the game.  Until then, the person would have to manually go through and re-insert each string individually, correct?

Also it's really hard to understand some of your comments, perhaps later you can get someone to assist in translation.  If you want proper feedback, having properly formed English will help you do so.  Namely your recommendations were nonsensical to me; though, that could be due to my lack of experience with the RPG Maker programs.

Alexander Morou":1vyoq28p said:
It'll be infinitely more useful once it's able to insert the string table back into the game.  Until then, the person would have to manually go through and re-insert each string individually, correct?

No, no, DMK inserts the string table back into the game. :)
Oh... I understand, I'm not saying that DMK do this.
I edited my first post.

Alexander Morou":1vyoq28p said:
Also it's really hard to understand some of your comments, perhaps later you can get someone to assist in translation.  If you want proper feedback, having properly formed English will help you do so.  Namely your recommendations were nonsensical to me; though, that could be due to my lack of experience with the RPG Maker programs.

I know some people who can help me. They will rewrite my first post.

King Kadelfek":a6igjdo1 said:
Alexander Morou":a6igjdo1 said:

No, no, DMK inserts the string table back into the game. :)
Oh... I understand, I'm not saying that DMK do this.
I edited my first post.
Your first post:
King Kadelfek":a6igjdo1 said:
Perhaps I just misunderstood then.

e

Sponsor

I know Dargor and I both speak French/English quasi-natively, and we're both familiar with programming so if you ever need any help I'm sure one of us can help out.

Alexander Morou":tmhe4wjf said:
Your first post:
King Kadelfek":tmhe4wjf said:
Perhaps I just misunderstood then.

The Database and the maps are different things.
With DMK you will be able to edit ALL the texts from the Database, not just the common event / big event, I don't know the english translation.

I will use pictures. Easy to explain with it, with all languages. :D

Now, you can edit all the maps dialogs. Soon, you will be able to edit the Database's texts and dialogs too.

Now, you can edit this :

Soon, you will edit this :

And after, you will edit this, to make a complete translation of a game :

etheon":tmhe4wjf said:
I know Dargor and I both speak French/English quasi-natively

Yeah, cool !
But who is Dargor ?
(I'm sorry, I'm new in the English community)
I searched => index.php?action=profile;u=1356

I understand, he is from Quebec.
He have a job in Ubisoft ?! Waw !  :thumb:

Etheon, you're from Quebec too ?

Well, I will need help to translate the future versions of DMK.
We will surely work with this kind of files :

Or maybe just txt files. :)
(Excel files are good for Array, but not good for typing text)

Do you have Open Office ?

---------------

I'm searching for good English / Fench speakers, because I have other projects, very famous in France.

http://www.dailymotion.com/KingKadelfek ... videogames
http://www.dailymotion.com/related/x7c7 ... videogames

I work on DMK because it's like hollidays compare to my main project.
(I'm not sure my sentence means something...)

I will give you more informations. ;)

DreaMaker doesn't need the file languages.txt. It can create this file if it is not in the same folder.

I'm working on the GUI.
Here's my today's work :

The GUI on RMXP :

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll31 ... 0002-1.png[/img]

The GUI on Rubygame :

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll31 ... J-0005.png[/img]

For the font, the code of size and alignment are not developped yet.

It's important to say that the same code is used by both applications.

- the GUI's code is in another RMXP project, with my main projects.

- the DreaMaker's GUI is in a second RMXP project

- the Rubygame code is only Rubygame code, there is no duplicate code

- and, of course, the DMK code is used by both application

- this DMK code is still working on console

It's important for me to never use duplicate code, because my project have 20,000 lines of code (I don't count RMXP scripts or scripts I didn't write).

Daphoa

This is amazing. I was thinking of changing the character's names (I wasn't really creative when I started - I just used the names that came with the game), but the idea of going through all the dialog to change everything didn't exactly excite me. Now I can go through and do a find & Replace on Word and change the names in the database and that's it!

Thanks Again!

I don't post news for three months, but I was working on the 3D Game Engine. :)
(and I have had a lot of work for my school)

I have worked a lot on a new DMk version. Now, I'm using professionnal tools.
And I entirely rewrote the code.

Look at this :

There will be a pro version of DMK March the 30th.
With it, you will be able to resize your dialogs, so they will not be larger than the window.

Very useful when you translate from english, and your language have sentences longer than the english ones.
German people are waiting for this update.
French and Finnish too. :D

This will be a "pro" version. With a licence.
You will be allowed to sell games using DMK.

It's a bit hard to me to say it in English, but the pro version will of course have more options than the free.

Don't worry, there will be new free versions again. :)

The next free version will be made from the code of the pro.
And, if you had see the "before - after" picture, you will understand that the free version will be developped when the pro will be finished.

Because the software is entirely rewritten. And be no long compatible with the 3.8 version.

It will need several months.
At the end of the month, the pro version will be fully compatible with RMXP (maps + data base), and after, with RM2K and RM03.

This pro version is really made for commercial use, because of the price (25 euros = 31 $).
Because with DMK, you (or a professionnal translator) can translate easily your game in english or spanish, and have 300% more people who will buy it.
And if you compare 31$ to "sell 2 to 4 times more games", you will understand the price.

Daphoa":2fft2v3y said:
This is amazing. I was thinking of changing the character's names (I wasn't really creative when I started - I just used the names that came with the game), but the idea of going through all the dialog to change everything didn't exactly excite me. Now I can go through and do a find & Replace on Word and change the names in the database and that's it!

Thanks Again!
Yeah, DMK is really good to make this kind of things. ;)
I'm happy that my software helps you.

News !

- I worked a lot on DMK, and I gave to my first customer the DMK's pro version.
He is actually working with DMK Pro in order to translate his game, so after this, I will be absolutely sure that the software works perfectly.

- The Pro version is not finished yet. But the next versions will be given (without cost) to the actual customer(s).

- The new Free version will be released when the Pro version will be finished, I'm still ok to do this. :)

- No english version yet. I'm working on a new system to manage the different languages.

To finish, a screen of the new feature allowing to resize the dialogs.
It's in french, but I explain the important parts :

DMK01.png

There are the options you can choose when you want to resize all the dialogs of your game :

resize_font_name
You can specify the font of your game.

resize_font_size
The font size used in your dialogs. I will surely manage the \size 

I edited the first post. Now it's DreaMaker version 3.8 instead of 3.6.

I didn't give news for a long time, but I worked a lot on DreaMaker, about 300 hours since version 3.8.
We are now at the 4.4 version. :)

It's the Professional one. The Free one is not released yet.
I'm looking for a french / english translator. Or any french / xxx translator.

The Free version will be released in english when the translation will have been done.

mawk

Sponsor

this seems like a really cool idea, actually. a lot of people who miss their spelling and grammar errors the first time through can feel really intimidated about going back and correcting them, since at the end of your game you've got like a few thousand events with little separate bits of text everywhere, and that's a decent amount of clicking. being able to extract them all to one place and edit the strings from one huge .txt file would really help those guys out.

Schism

It's unlikely that my game will ever be in anything other than English, but being able to go back and correct spelling errors with less hassle will be amazing!

It's unlikely that my game will ever be in anything other than English
The cool thing is that someone can translate your game, even if he's not able to use RM. :)

when i finish my game, i will make a random german version for fun
I tried to use Google translator on a translation, but there is a size limit. So bad. :(
It would have been very fun.

being able to extract them all to one place and edit the strings from one huge .txt file would really help those guys out.
It's used too by people who want to change names or locations.
DMK 2.0 was like this :

And you was able to edit the texts one by one.

I have had a lot of problem with this interface, so I stoped it. But there will be another one, of course.

King Kadelfek":20e0mqq8 said:
when i finish my game, i will make a random german version for fun
I tried to use Google translator on a translation, but there is a size limit. So bad. :(
It would have been very fun.
Hey, you can just copy texts that reach the limit, and then paste it back, then do it again with others...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.