Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Disassemble items (different ones into same item)

Well I am using Deke's crafting system for my game. To make gems (which are armor) you need to use essences to create them. And to get the essences, you need to take them from monster parts.

Here's an example: To make Lv. 1 Light Physical Gem you need Lv. 1 Physical Essence x 3. But the reason I can't just use the regular crafting system, is because you can get the Lv. 1 Physical Essence from several different monster parts. So is there like a way I could use the crafting system or some other system so I can open up a crafting menu, and it will have all the monster parts that the player owns at the time, and you can select them to get the Essences from them?

I guess I could just make it so you use the part in the item menu and it would trigger a common event that makes the essence, but I would rather you only be able to do that at a certain shop.

You mean you want to get the Lv. 1 Physical Essence from different monsters?

If yes you can use the script that makes you drop more then one item from enemies so you can make it for other monsters.

No, you get a spoil from the monster as a drop in battle. Here let me use a real example from my game to make it a little more clear, maybe my explanation wasn't clear enough.

You kill a Flame Wolf. It drops a Fiery Tooth. And how I have it right now is that you go to your item menu, use the Fiery tooth, and it starts a common event that plays a little sound, then says you got a Lv. 1 Magic Essence. Of course, it also gets rid of the item you just used, and it also adds a Lv. 1 Magic Essence.

I want it so that when you get that Fiery Tooth you take it to a crafting shop thingy, and it'll be just like the regular crafting menu, but it'll show which monster spoils you have in your inventory and how many. You pick the Fiery Tooth from the menu, and it'll take one Fiery Tooth away, and add a Lv. 1 Magic Essence to your inventory. But see, there is also like one or two other monster spoils that will give you the same essence, so yeah.

Crafting system is event based right? Dissassembling can also be done through events, maybe even easier than crafting. But you want something more which I don't understand.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.