Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Credits Script

Status
Not open for further replies.
um is there a way to get it so that it can't be skipped till it goes all the way through you know like in a normal console game, and then is there a way for it to go to the save screen after words then from there it goes to the main screen?

dog199200;317151 said:
um is there a way to get it so that it can't be skipped till it goes all the way through you know like in a normal console game, and then is there a way for it to go to the save screen after words then from there it goes to the main screen?

I don't know, but this topic is over a year old and I doubt the original poster still comes here anymore.

Jason

Awesome Bro

dog199200;317151 said:

For the going to Save, just go to lines 168 and 175, and where it says $scene = Scene_Map.new, change the Map to Save.

For the non cancelling, just go to lines 172-179, and put a # before all the lines, so it will look like this:
Code:
  #Check if the credits should be cancelled
    #def cancel?
    #if Input.trigger?(Input::C)
      #$scene = Scene_Save.new# $scene = Scene_Map.new
      #return true
    #end
    #return false
  #end
And then go to line 194, and put a # before that too.

There you go, when the credits finish it should go to the save menu, and you can't cancel the credits off !

Hope it works !

ok it works for the most part, but after the credits are all over it stays in the credit screen and wont go on...is there a way that it goes to the save area automatically after all the credits have scrolled and it can't be skipped until then?

Jason

Awesome Bro

Hmm I just noticed that this happens, and it turns out you can't get both things to work at the same time, only one or the other.
Sorry, but I'm not much of a scripter, so I don't know how to fix this.

This is awesome!  But how can you make it so an event command happens after the credits have fully completed?  Cuz I want SOMETHING to happen...probably a return to the title screen or maybe show a "The End" picture or something like that.

were can i found the zelda project engien

i neesd trhe newest 1 for my colection systems and scripts.

What? ask in lost scripts or something. ~Arbiter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.