Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Construct 2 Help?

If anyone is curious about simple things you can make using construct 2 (I know there are lots out there), you can take a look at what I have done personally with the game maker. I used it for a few games myself.

Suspended Pop & Breakout HTML5
Direct Link to Games
24whfly.jpg

Asteroids
Play from your browser!
ou0291.jpg

I know the program a little bit, and I wanted to share some stuff I have completed using it. :) If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

If there isn't a direct "Stop timer" option, you can create a boolean variable on any object and add that boolean check into the same event with the timer.

So the condition looks like:

ThatObject.StopTimer = false
System.EveryXSeconds

Eventing_Guy

Awesome Bro

System.EveryXSeconds

not sure what you mean... but I think you actually gave me an Idea.

It involves

"Global variables" & "System X seconds" and "Set Text"

I'm gonna have to play around with it.

BRB

EDIT:

I did it... I was able to push a button (to test it out) and time stopped.
Press another button Time Resumed... Thanks... Indirectly Rosa...

after reading your post I was somehow was able to figure out a way
myself, that had nothing to do with what you said...

I'm weird like that... :lol:

Edit 2: Don't worry, I still have LESS then 50...

I think Glitch mentioned that global variables take an event slot. If the variable can be shuffed into an object instead and use the variable from that object, that would save you an event slot.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.