Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Compatibility Patch for KGC Compose Item and Enhanced Shop

Hello there. I'm a new member to the community and I'm looking for some help. I've been all over rmrk, RRR, HBGames, everywhere in an attempts to find a compatibility patch for KGC Compose Item and Enhanced Shopping.

The reason being, is the KGC Compose Item script is a vital part of my project. It allows players to be able to craft their own equipment using the level-able skills (such as Runescape's Herblore, Smithing, etc) to gain components and turn those components into gear. The better the gear, the rarer the components.

I liked the Enhanced Shopping as it allows to great different options for shops, such as shop capacity, buy only options, resell only options and it allows for many different scenarios. One of my skills is Bargaining. The higher this level, the more capacity a store has or being able to sell just more than what the shop carries (I.E. said shop only buys Longswords but with a high enough Bargaining, they'll buy shields, armor, etc). It gives many different scenarios so training Bargaining would be beneficial.

With the conflict of these scripts, I can only have one over the other and since the KGC Compose is a major part of the project, I'm opted to keep that script in. Enhanced Shopping has more shop options than the vanilla shop scene and I would really love to have it in my project.

Below are the links (Pastebin for KGC Compose and RMRK for the Enhanced Shopping script)

http://pastebin.com/3HqnLAiM - KGC Compose

http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=44334.0 - Enhanced Shopping

I have posted a forum topic like this on rmrk and I haven't gotten any help so I'm posting this on many different sites in hopes I can finally get my project finished.

It looks like it's just a UI problem. The two scripts draw the shop windows differently. I think editing the synthesis script will be easier. I'd have to study the Enhanced Shopping window layout a little to make it match.

[link deleted]
It's not a patch. I edited the synth script to use the Enhanced Shopping windows so it won't work without it.
The Shop options display in the middle of the screen.
Gold is displayed in the info window above the material list.
There's only room to display 3 materials.
I removed the material/status toggle function since the status window is already displayed on the bottom in ES.

Now it only displays 3 right? It doesn't limit the materials?

Hmm....Some of the recipes have way more then 3. I wonder if there's a way around that.

Thanks for this. I'll have to drop materials on some recipes. Thanks a ton.

Hmm......Well since the Gold indicator is on the side (to see how much it costs) removing Gold and Possession # would actually be a good idea since those aren't really important. And its highlighted anyway if you have enough gold, so displaying your gold really doesn't make much difference.

If you could do that, that would be great

You are a savior. Thanks again

EDIT: I thought of something. Do you think its possible to put the Gold you have amount at the top right side of the screen? Instead of having the Gold you have in the materials list, have it up there instead? I love the way this looks by the way. It looks amazing.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.